cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I replace my G751 JT screne? grainy screen while viewing white/gray screen

Nader
Level 8
I just bought the Awesome Asus ROG G751 JT GTX970M and Loved it specially for the graphic card which can run every thing on ultra with 50-60-70 frame rate at the most part.

Unfortunately suddenly I had some issues while viewing white/gray screen I get what people grainy screen..
some thing like particles which that appears while viewing white screen they distract me while browsing the web.

While Gaming I do not notice a thing but while web browsing I notice it.
I so far have almost NO Backlight bleed or IPS Glow.

Do you think I should or could replace the screen using Asus Warranty?
Or it could be worse? Should I just live with it?
5 REPLIES 5

Nader
Level 8
Any response?

joshindaphils
Level 11
I think no one has responded as no one is sure what you are experiencing... perhaps a photo would help?

If it wasn't doing it before and it is now, I would lean towards it being a hardware issue, particularly as it seams selective in it's appearance.

You may want to try a clean install of your video drivers to cover your bases. Also give the screen a good cleaning could be something on the surface that just shows up better on particular colors. I tend to just use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the dust etc, then touch of high % isopropyl alcohol on the microfiber cloth to clean anything on the screen. Many cleaning agent will leave a residue on the screen.

joshindaphils wrote:
I think no one has responded as no one is sure what you are experiencing... perhaps a photo would help?

If it wasn't doing it before and it is now, I would lean towards it being a hardware issue, particularly as it seams selective in it's appearance.

You may want to try a clean install of your video drivers to cover your bases. Also give the screen a good cleaning could be something on the surface that just shows up better on particular colors. I tend to just use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the dust etc, then touch of high % isopropyl alcohol on the microfiber cloth to clean anything on the screen. Many cleaning agent will leave a residue on the screen.

I have not thrown any water on it. First time I bought it I clean the screen with clothes (no water and no microfiber) Do you know any disadvantage for this?

I am afraid to rub the screen but I feel their some thing sticking to the surface when I try to clean it at some parts of the screen.

And I am afraid of rubing the screen and don't know how to get red of those stickied dust like particles..

Nader wrote:
I have not thrown any water on it. First time I bought it I clean the screen with clothes (no water and no microfiber) Do you know any disadvantage for this?

I am afraid to rub the screen but I feel their some thing sticking to the surface when I try to clean it at some parts of the screen.

And I am afraid of rubing the screen and don't know how to get red of those stickied dust like particles..

I am a bit hesitant to clean the screen as well as this is the most likely time you will scratch your screen. Any soft and clean cloth will do. I've used t-shirts in the past, but do recommend a nice microfiber cloth I use mine regularly (I've a collection as many gadgets ship with them now). Pretty sure one came with the laptop as well.

Basically if you are paranoid enough to not want to clean the screen, you will probably be careful enough to not to scratch it. I usually take a microfiber cloth at one end and dab it with the rubbing alcohol (it takes very little) clean the screen then use the other end to wipe away an remaining alcohol. I end up with a very clean screen w/o streaks. No need to rub hard at all just be gentle.

I'm very particular about the cleanliness of my screens and only need to use alcohol rarely (ever month or two) and mostly just dust the screens. I also keep my screens away from fingers 😉

antoine52200
Level 8
The only safe thing you can use on a screen is a microfiber a bit wet, you don't want to take off the matte coating by using other cleaning products. and no need to rub the screen too long or too hard.

Can you take a pic of the issue? B

If it's really bothering you just contact ASUS and ask them if they would replace the screen