cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Ranger Ethernet issues

chronio
Level 7
I recently built a PC with the Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard, and everything is working great so far, except for one thing: The LAN port doesn't seem to work as it should. The speed and link leds blink on and off every few seconds or so, even though the cable is properly inserted. The "Network Connections" page in Windows reports the same, alternating between "Identifying..." and "Network cable unplugged".

The cable itself doesn't seem to be the issue, as using another cable has the exact same result, and both cables work as expected when connected to other devices.

I have tried re-installing the Intel drivers that came with the motherboard, without success. I also tried to install only the driver without the additional software (as suggested on another forum), but this also did not help.

Having run out of options, I decided to update the BIOS to revision 2801, but this still did not fix the issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue here?
2 REPLIES 2

MbcHc
Level 7
similar problem here, after upgraded to the new motherboard ( Ranger ) from H81-D Plus. I found it seems to slow down my Ethernet for a bit. I used to have a non-buffering stream experience on twitch, but just after my upgrade to Ranger, I encountered some weird shuttering and buffering issue that I never had before. Am I doing something wrong or I yet to optimize my hardware? Thank you for advance!

chronio
Level 7
I just realized the router I'm trying to connect it to is quite old already. Maybe the router has issues with some newer LAN controllers.

I will try to connect it to a newer router instead and see what happens.