cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and Drivers

Ignis_Fatuus
Level 7
Hello, guys.

My name is Suchi. I go by Ignis, online. Enough introductions. I have questions that I need answering.

So I have an ASUS G750-JM RoG Laptop with an 8 GB Ram, 1 TB Hard Drive, an i7-4700 Processor and an nVIdia GeForce GTX 860M Graphics Card.

Windows has been tempting me furiously to get myself upgraded to Windows 10, so here're my questions:

1) Is it worth it?

2) Any advantages or disadvantages?

3) Will the drivers hold up from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? Are there new drivers that I might have to download? Anything I might have to install or uninstall?

4) Will I have to reinstall all the programs that I'd previously installed on Windows 8.1?

5) Will I have to manually refill my computer with all my personal data from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (via an external hard drive or some other godforsaken way)?

Please Answer the questions ASAP. I want to make sure I'm making an informed decision here, and you all will have contributed greatly to my knowledge to back this decision up.

Thank you so much!

Ignis
3 REPLIES 3

maleficarus
Level 7
Yes worth it. Make sure you manually install VGA drivers!

Clintlgm
Level 14
You will get a lot more responses is you post in the forum for theG751 http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?198-G751-G771-G551-and-GL552-Gaming-Notebooks. There are many threads there of peoples experiences. At this time most people are having a good experience some are having issues that are being overcome or worked around.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Ignis_Fatuus
Level 7
Thanks for the replies, but the driver questions seem to be unanswered!