cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVidia new drivers and BSOD failure

dav_simonyan
Level 7
When I bought my G751 JM(GTX 860m with Optimus) it had Nvidia 333.37 drivers installed in it. I use it mainly for work and very rarely for playing some games. Since it is critical for me to have always properly working notebook I decided not to install any Nvidia driver updates and with 333.37 version I haven't noticed any issues for over 7 months that I am using this notebook(even heavy game like GTA V runs smoothly). However I noticed that there are already version 353.06 so I am interested maybe the "famous BSOD issues" goes away with new Nvidia driver updates? Who has G751(or G750) with GTX 860m and updated graphics drivers? Or it is better to not update driver version?
2 REPLIES 2

ReDXfiRe
Level 7
dav.simonyan wrote:
When I bought my G751 JM(GTX 860m with Optimus) it had Nvidia 333.37 drivers installed in it. I use it mainly for work and very rarely for playing some games. Since it is critical for me to have always properly working notebook I decided not to install any Nvidia driver updates and with 333.37 version I haven't noticed any issues for over 7 months that I am using this notebook(even heavy game like GTA V runs smoothly). However I noticed that there are already version 353.06 so I am interested maybe the "famous BSOD issues" goes away with new Nvidia driver updates? Who has G751(or G750) with GTX 860m and updated graphics drivers? Or it is better to not update driver version?

Don't know if this will help you; but I used to have BSOD problems when I was alt-tabbing between program and got VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR; I had Nvidia drivers updated to the latest; but it seems it was the INTEL HD drivers that caused this. I updated the Intel Driver (which it seems I didn't have the latest installed) and I haven't had any BSOD issues again; at least that error. To update your driver just go device manager; look for Intel HD Graphics and right click and try to update and search the drivers online.

dav_simonyan
Level 7
Thanks, could you please say the driver versions for both Nvidia and Intel HD Graphics which you use now?