cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worrying sight directly after boot.

lazylemo
Level 7
Hello there I am seeing a very horrible sight after booting is finished, it shows red lines and white lines on the screen only on the top half part of the screen and shows as the graphics card is dying and it got me very worrying. But right after the boot screen is finished windows loads normally. More info i have a ASUS ROG G751JT-CH71 bought it quite recently (1 week more or less). I have done a full reinstall of windows 10 home edition UEFI with fast boot on. I wasn't seeing this when the laptop 1st came.
8 REPLIES 8

antoine52200
Level 8
If your laptop is 1 week old, contact your reseller and get a new one. don't stay with this, trying to fix this will not assure you that it won't break in a month or a year.. For the price we pay we deserve to be fully happy with our purchase.

joshindaphils
Level 11
More or less echoing antoine's poset toss it back to the retailer as defective if you can. I know you can't always do that everywhere for instance here in the Philippines you only get a 7 day window, and only for defective items.

Worst case send it in for warranty repair.

Chargero
Level 7
I have exactly 100% the same thing on my laptop. But mine is 751jY (980m/ i7 4720) so the hardware is totally different. It works good after loading. So i bet its windows problem. There are some bugs in it so i bet its one of them.
So if you didnt have any problems before update i wouldnt worry that much and will wait for windows 10 update. Or write to their support to ask if its a common case (i dont think we are alone).

Thank god am not alone! Yea I probably think its windows 10. Before upgrading I had no issues at all.

joshindaphils
Level 11
Chagero makes good points as well, in particular he is having the problem and it was only post upgrade. Could be driver related, try doing a clean install from nvidia instead of using the Win10 provided drivers. I had an unrelated issue with the Win10 provided drivers that prompted me to reinstall. I am not experiencing what either of you are for what that is worth.

clockworksatan
Level 7
Horizontal/vertical lines on an IPS/LCD panel always in my experience is either going to be a faulty panel or graphics card. Get a replacement, asap!
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

Probably a good idea to disable Fast Startup anyway as it writes your ram to your SSD which could be 32Gb every time you turn off your laptop which puts a lot of wear on the SSD.

Chadd
Level 7
Seems to be a problem with Windows and the hibernate function which is part of Fast Startup. Disable Fast Startup and the problem goes away.