cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

adelwich
Level 7
Last week, before doing a clean install of WIndows 10, I used the Windows 8.1 Backtracker to create a backup of the recovery files on a USB file. I did *not* delete the disk partition that has the recovery files and was very careful to just install the OS on the partition that had been running Windows 8.1.

I foolishly reformatted the USB drive for another purpose, figuring that I would be able to just back up the files from the recovery partition. Unfortunately, when I run Backtracker in an attempt to make a copy of the partition, it tells me that it won't work under Windows 10.

Is it safe to assume that Asus will eventually roll out a version of the Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

redduc900
Level 9
Are you unable to access the recovery partition by pressing F9 during POST? As long as you didn't alter the partitions, you can still perform a system recovery from the F9 Options menu. In the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

GottiBoi55
Level 10
adelwich wrote:
Last week, before doing a clean install of WIndows 10, I used the Windows 8.1 Backtracker to create a backup of the recovery files on a USB file. I did *not* delete the disk partition that has the recovery files and was very careful to just install the OS on the partition that had been running Windows 8.1.

I foolishly reformatted the USB drive for another purpose, figuring that I would be able to just back up the files from the recovery partition. Unfortunately, when I run Backtracker in an attempt to make a copy of the partition, it tells me that it won't work under Windows 10.

Is it safe to assume that Asus will eventually roll out a version of the Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

Thanks!

Hi adelwich,

You can return back to Windows 8.1 if you like, then you can create a new Backtracker USB.
There's an option to return back to Windows 8.1 within 30 days of the upgrade.
Here's how to access this option.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 8.1 (Last option @ bottom)

Hope this helps you?
Good luck, and good gaming!

PS: You might want to backup any files you need first.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"