cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS dosent work on windows 10

zakiel
Level 7
i have a corrsair v formula z and
well i download a drivers for windows 10 64bits that i found in the oficial page of my MB and !!! it dosent work 😕 the DTS dosen work at all !! 😕 any fix ??? please help 😕
(i use optical audio)
11 REPLIES 11

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
zakiel wrote:
i have a corrsair v formula z and
well i download a drivers for windows 10 64bits that i found in the oficial page of my MB and !!! it dosent work 😕 the DTS dosen work at all !! 😕 any fix ??? please help 😕
(i use optical audio)

Search Google for "AMD Drivers" - first link should be "Drivers + Download Center." Download the "900-series driver package" from that page (should be on the right side panel, all the way at the bottom.

Z

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Keep an eye on Realtek's website - I haven't seen the Win10 drivers there yet. However, the Win10 generic driver should work fine until Realtek works out the new software.

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
the Win10 generic driver should work fine until Realtek works out the new software.

Don't worry overmuch about the drivers - Realtek will get on the ball, or face an horde of angry, driverless users.

My systems (three of them, CVF-Z all) work fine with the generic Windows 10 drivers.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
Don't worry overmuch about the drivers - Realtek will get on the ball, or face an horde of angry, driverless users.

My systems (three of them, CVF-Z all) work fine with the generic Windows 10 drivers.

Z

So, with the Generic Windows 10 Audio drivers you're able to get 5.1 Surround audio over an optical connection?

t3chff3j wrote:
So, with the Generic Windows 10 Audio drivers you're able to get 5.1 Surround audio over an optical connection?

I just realized I missed that footnote in the original post - sorry about that. I have never used the optical connection, so I can't say anything to that.

I will dig around to see what I can come up with, but you might be forced to settle for 3.5mm phone connector in the meantime.

Z

Microsoft has finally created a fix for this issue with the latest Insider build of Windows 10 (10565). I am pleased to report that I am able to select DTS Interactive 5.1 via my optical connection.

There is no word as to when this fix will be pushed live, but the likely answer is that it will be part of the Threshold 2 release in November.

But, if you're willing to give it a go, Build 10565 is very stable and I've not run into any issues using it at this point...

This issue was fixed in the November Update, and then they pushed out a Cumulative Update to fix some security holes that slipped in and it's broken again... so... back to bitching at support for another fix. GRRRRRR.

Spoonhandle
Level 7
The latest Realtek Drivers (updated on their site with support for Windows 10) don't work either. From everything I have read thus far on the matter it is an issue with Windows 10 that has been known about before the official launch of the OS but that Microsoft has not fixed yet. Hopefully they fix it in an update soon.

hax0rmort
Level 11
I think the bigger issue is that the realtek drivers from http://218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownType... do not support the ALC898 chipset period. It's a super popular chipset used in asus boards but realtek doesn't support it in newer drivers (for at least a year) look in the changelog and/or information with each driver release, it lists all supported chipsets, it has every alc besides ALC898, not sure why 😞 no love.
-hax0rmort

MOBO - ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-9370
RAM - AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400 MHz
SSD1 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Boot
SSD2 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Game
GPU1 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
GPU2 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
COOLER - Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler
PSU - Corsair RM Series 1000W Gold PSU
AUDIO - Creative Sound Blaster Z
CASE - NZXT H440 Red/Black
KEYBOARD - Corsair K95 RGB
MOUSE - SteelSeries Sensei
HEADSET - Logitech G430

Crayraven
Level 7
Even the audio drivers for windows 10 on the asus site doesn't have ALC898 support.