cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G771JW FPS Jumps

edcka
Level 7
Hello, I've just recently bought G771JW with onboard intel and GTX 960M graphics cards. The problem is that i can't play CS:GO even on the lowest settings possible because i can still feel constant fps jumpings up and down. I think the problem is that those two cards are changing constanly who is the main one. I chose to use GTX on nvidia panel all the time, changed power plan for max power but still nothing helped. The only thing helped a little bit is that in BIOS i changed something from 64mb to 512mb so now i can play CS:GO on the lowest possible settings but still i can feel slightly the fps jumping. BTW i'm using Win10 (Win 8.1 was pre-installed). After close fps inspection it changes from 120-130 to 20-30fps every second. Am i right that those two regarding of the settings still changes every second or is GTX 960M is not capable of running on even on low? Any help would be appreciated 🙂
45 REPLIES 45

edcka
Level 7
For all the G771JW owners i think i found a solution. Nvidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> global settings(be sure to select preferred graphics to Nvidia) -> Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration -> Single display performance mode . For now this seems to have fixed the problem and i ran CS:GO maxed out with 120fps 🙂

Tried tweaking the NVIDIA 3D settings yesterday but my G771 continued to lag while playing DotA2... Today, I'm trying this... 🙂
I'll report back soon.

That fixed just for couple of games for me 😕 tried playing Farcry 4 on High settings and only the menu lagged. I think even tho the default card is set to Nvidia and on other games you can choose what card you want to use, starting csgo you can't. If someone would manage to choose that setting while starting the game i think it might fix the problem, for now on iam playing on super low settings and wrote on console fps_max 120 because going higher makes the fps drop. Please respond what you have achieved because it's is frustrating and noone seems to be interested to help us :"D

edcka
Level 7
By the way, League of Legends runs on highest settings without a single 60 fps drop even in teamfights...

FOUND THE FIX!!! The problem is that after upgrading to win10 the win won't get some drivers. Go to asus web and download Chipset, intel collaborate processor performance control and intel management engine components drivers. After installing these the g771jw works like charm 🙂 By the way, sorry for my words, but F*CK the ROG support, for real guys how you couldn't help earlyer with this simple

edcka wrote:
FOUND THE FIX!!! The problem is that after upgrading to win10 the win won't get some drivers. Go to asus web and download Chipset, intel collaborate processor performance control and intel management engine components drivers. After installing these the g771jw works like charm 🙂 By the way, sorry for my words, but F*CK the ROG support, for real guys how you couldn't help earlyer with this simple

First off this isnt support this is a forum where owners volunteer help and time for free. Secondly if you did an update and didnt install drivers thats harly anyones fault but your own. If you installed a game and didnt install the direct x and other redist software would you rant on the games forum for it not working? Think about it.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

most of these drivers not running on my g771jw (Windows 10)

edcka wrote:

I definitely agree with F*KING Rog support part

persiu20
Level 7
I Discovered that my g771jw runs better with power adapter but if i disconnect it then i have lags in my games. How to change it ? I have high performance in power options.