cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551Jm multi monitors?

Kredom
Level 7
Hello, I got the G551JM notebook with windows 10. iam trying to connect a 17" monitor to the HDMI port + 24" monitor to the minidisplay port, but for some rason with i plug the HDMI cable, the minidisplayport monitor goes black.

Windows detects:
monitor 1 (laptop screen)
monitor 2 (minidisplayport 24" LG LED monitor)
monitor 3 (HDMI 17" samsung LED monitor)

with the 3 claves plugged, windows shows monitor 1 and 3, if i unplug the HDMI cable, it appears monitor 2.

Any suggestiong or thing i might be doing wrong? y would love to have extended screen on 3 screens.
4 REPLIES 4

joshindaphils
Level 11
Windows 10 is quite broken in this regard compared to all other versions of windows (at least going back to W2k) you have to select "Duplicate desktop on X and Y" then you can select "Extend desktop on X and Y" the repeat "Duplicate desktop on X and Z" then "Extend desktop on X and Z".

Click 'Apply' and you are good to go.

Very horrific UX, gave me pause as well after disabling some displays.

Kredom
Level 7
thank you, i will try it as soon as i get home.

One question: do i plug the 2 cables? (HDMI and miniDP), i ask because, when i have both plugged the display number 2 dissapears, and i can see only display 1 and 3... (i guess windows saws display 2, because he shows and says 1 and 3 :P)

Kredom
Level 7
it worked great!!! THANKS!!!

joshindaphils
Level 11
Glad to help!

Really only cumbersome to us minority of users using more than two displays, but still I hope this gets fixed it is not intuitive at all. It was 10x better when it didn't hide the disabled displays from the preview view.