cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 980 TI Strix still offer Metal Gear Solid V?

pearstar
Level 7
I ordered one from Newegg on 8/7 and still yet to receive a game code.
15 REPLIES 15

BradM73
Level 7
I'm on the phone with Newegg right now because I didn't get my codes either. In the past, they've always sent them via e-mail. You might want to call them up and explain that you saw the Metal Gear promo when you originally placed your order. The phone support person is supposed to be sending me both of my codes (since I got two cards). You might have the same luck!

Update:

Just got the order for my two codes!

BradM73
Level 7
My two codes arrived via e-mail last night, so definitely worth a try calling them!

BradM73 wrote:
My two codes arrived via e-mail last night, so definitely worth a try calling them!

If someone has a spare code for me... 

pearstar
Level 7
Got the code by email, thanks guys!

herbolla
Level 7
I ordered one from Amazon but for some reason they don't have it in their eligible cards list even though Asus and Nvidia do list it. I remember someone else having this issue with Amazon but don't know if they ever got it resolved. I'm going to try calling Amazon support today and see if they can send me a code. I'll post back with the results.

herbolla wrote:
I ordered one from Amazon but for some reason they don't have it in their eligible cards list even though Asus and Nvidia do list it. I remember someone else having this issue with Amazon but don't know if they ever got it resolved. I'm going to try calling Amazon support today and see if they can send me a code. I'll post back with the results.

Hi have you found out about it? I booked mine from Amazon.com too with no code
CPU: i7-4770K
Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60
PSU: Corsair HX 850
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Case: NZXT Phantom 820

Spoonhandle
Level 7
I ordered the card from newegg and used their online chat support feature to ask about the code. Showed them the STRIX listed on ASUS site (http://www.asus.com/event/VGA/Metal-Gear-Solid-V/) and they are sending me a code. Hopefully Amazon will pull through for you guys.

I ordered a STRIX GTX 980 Ti from Amazon about 10 days ago and it finally arrived yesterday. Amazon has a page for the MGS 5 promotion and it actually includes several ASUS cards but not the STRIX GTX 980 Ti. I contacted them and asked about getting a code for MGS 5 and they basically said, "no, your card doesn't qualify for the promotion". I pointed out that the ASUS website indicates that the card is part of the promotion and the Amazon rep said that they would forward my request on to their "special promotions and marketing" team. Two days later, I got an e-mail back saying, it's up to ASSUS to give you the MGS 5 code, not Amazon. So I contacted ASUS support via chat. They said, "no, it's the retailer that's supposed to provide the code", I said I agreed but Amazon is refusing to do so. Then the ASUS rep says, "well, you need to go to geforce.com to get your code". I explained that that's for *redeeming* codes not getting them. Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated by all this. I like the card a lot but I feel like I'm getting jerked around here with Amazon and ASUS both not wanting to help me. If even tried sending an e-mail to the customer loyalty e-mail address @ ASUS but never got a response. I haven't decided what to do at this point but returning the card and just buying something from EVGA is looking more and more likely. To add insult to injury, I've seen several people who got their STRIX GTX 980 Ti from Newegg say that they got their MGS 5 code! 😞