cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen of G751JY is not working properly.

TacticalTugboat
Level 7
I got my G751JY recently and it has been working fine. However, whenever I start the computer after having shut it down, the screen stays black but I can see the blacklights go on. Nothing happens with the screen and it just changes brightness. I can still log in to my desktop but I can't see anything. After a couple restarts the screen works perfectly fine again. Is this a software problem or is the screen glitchy? Because it works perfectly after a restart or 2.
5 REPLIES 5

Kimmix
Level 7
Every G751JY has this problem as far as I know (Mine does). Rediculous if you ask me.

Yeah, pay like 2K for this machine. It's good, just really annoying to start up. Even just putting it on hibernate doesn't give this problem. Weird. Tedious for booting up ><

Kimmix wrote:
Every G751JY has this problem as far as I know (Mine does). Rediculous if you ask me.

For what it is worth I've never experienced this problem and I only do full shutdowns. I've disabled my ability to hibernate to reclaim the 24GB of HDD space.

Sorry no further help on a solution, perhaps killing off hibernation is the change that make the difference? Would be a stretch but I'm not doing many things different from a default config.

Where would I be able to kill of said hibernation (using windows 10 and was previously on windows 7, on my old computer). It's worth a shot!

I can hear the hard drive going beep beep (at least I'm assuming its that) when I boot it up.

joshindaphils
Level 11
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2859-hibernate-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

Here is a link I just skimmed it, it looks like a good guide.

To note after it is disabled you can clean up hyberfil.sys which is about the size of your RAM taking up a good chuck of drive space. Also fast startup will be disabled.

Reading the descriptions of the issue again, this actually makes a lot of sense if fast startup is part of the cause here as if you don't have a screen, you are likely not shutting down cleanly and you wouldn't be using the fast startup on the next boot.