cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS problem

asuscro
Level 7
Hi guys. Today I purchased G771JW-T7043D and my laptops comes with free dos.
I have windows10 original cd, and after the first boot i got offered 3 choices how to boot. I have selected first (it was all about free dos, something about max ram free, without drivers and so on... can't recall correctly)
So after that I had to turn down and turn up the laptop.
Then I got into BIOS (if I recall correctly with F2) and there I have changed ONLY 1 thing and that is boot priority where I moved CD/DVD to the first place.
And now nothing happens when I turn on the laptop ( I can hear it trying to do something with DVD) but then it just shuts off and starts again (like doing restart), but now I cannot get into BIOS.
Basically I'm stuck in that circle of him trying to boot from dvd and on and on and on.. but it is not working... PLEASE HELP ME 😞
How can I get into BIOS again?
DVD is fine, tried it on other laptop....
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
you will get a lot more response is you post to the G771 forum http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?198-G751-G771-G551-and-GL552-Gaming-Notebooks there is a sticky there that explains how to install windows on a DOS shipped system.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thank You. I have done that. But, no one answered so far...

Try hitting the Esc key on boot up that should give you a boot menu? if you were in windows 8 or 10 I would say that fast boot was enabled there for computer is only sleeping not sure then what you could do to get a full shut down so that you could get in to the UEFI/BIOS. Sorry I know nothing about Free DOS I assume it a Free version of DOS some version past 6.2 which is the last I knew of DOS. Sorry. If you do get back there is a very good Stick in the G751 forum on installing windows to Free DOS notebook. you might check that out they may have an answer there People are at least dealing with Free DOS good Luck.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro