cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reformatting problem on N61Jq

Retired
Not applicable
I have an Asus noteboook model N61Jq (this specific model was not in the drop down menu) and was looking to reformat for various reasons. My girlfriend's new Dell laptop came with a re installation Windows 7 OS disc. I rebooted my laptop from this disc thinking everything would go smoothly but upon completion my Asus asks which operating system to load when powering on and gives two 'Windows 7' options. The first being the newly installed Windows 7 OS specifically for the Dell (screen resolution problems and system specifications thinks it's the Dell) and the second option is my old Windows 7 with all my old files. Not sure what to do.. Best scenario I'd like to wipe everything and have one Windows 7 OS. Thank you for any suggestions
1 REPLY 1

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Hit F9 repeatedly when you're booting your notebook up and sees the Asus logo, then you should be able to reinstall the Windows and your notebook back to factory settings

When you're finished with the recovery install, you should get rid of all bloatware on your notebook that you don't need (if you don't already have done this before).

Then update all your drivers (and especially if you got Atheros network driver, that need to be updated so it can be stable and not cause any big problems with your notebook).

I hope this helped you out 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205