cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX... when exactly?

LurchUSA
Level 7
I've been reading posts here about various delays on the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX card. So does ANYBODY have an idea as to when these cards will be available?

NewEgg has them as "Not available." for months now and Amazon had one card for like $739.00, but now they don't have anything available. All other retails are also out, so NOBODY has anything available.

This is frustrating, as I like the ASUS brand and want to keep loyalty to it, but this lack of supply is making me consider other options.
:mad:
12 REPLIES 12

Chino
Level 15
They have been selling really well in the US. If all goes well, the Poseidon GTX 980Ti should be out this month. Keep an eye out for the Strix. 😉

Ntwlf
Level 12
Patience is a virtue . . . like the Bunny on the old Nesquik Chocolate Milk commercial.:o

I'm holding out for the ASUS Matrix 980Ti card to be released, so I can compare reviews between it and the ASUS Strix 980 TI before purchasing 2 of them. I have to see customer reviews to finally make a decision

Also waiting on the ASUS & ACER 34" & 35" curved IPS G-sync monitors to be reviewed & released as well.

I expect to be waiting till at least november or december to make a decision before purchasing any of these at the earliest.

Spoonhandle
Level 7
My distributor claims to be receiving 5 of them on 8/26 for their entire distribution network, so they are definitely in short supply.

So Spoonhandle, if your distributor is going to be receiving 5 of them in a week and half, are those 5 980ti Strix going to have that heat sink issue fixed? I read that the reason the card got delayed because the copper heat pipes weren't making full contact with the GPU in all spots. So there were slight gaps in between each copper pipe, thus causing uneven heat for the GPU. If this issue has been fixed, then I am back on the bandwagon and can't wait for the card to become available here in the US!

bdolphin66 wrote:
So Spoonhandle, if your distributor is going to be receiving 5 of them in a week and half, are those 5 980ti Strix going to have that heat sink issue fixed? I read that the reason the card got delayed because the copper heat pipes weren't making full contact with the GPU in all spots. So there were slight gaps in between each copper pipe, thus causing uneven heat for the GPU. If this issue has been fixed, then I am back on the bandwagon and can't wait for the card to become available here in the US!

From what I understand ASUS pulled them because of the issue and the distributor's order is coming directly from ASUS, so I assume they are the new ones. If not, I'll send it back and wait.

I ordered two to be shipped directly from Amazon and not a third party seller on August 7th and received a shipping notification email from them this morning stating that both have an expected shipping date of August 24th - 28th.

JmW408
Level 7
Ordered one from Amazon on August 10, now it's delivering next Tuesday. I think I'm hearing my 780 crying in my PC!
CPU: i7-4770K
Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60
PSU: Corsair HX 850
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Case: NZXT Phantom 820

White_Wind
Level 7
EDITED: Damn, my apologies, I wrote in the wrong thread, sorry