cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL551JW Win10 sleep issues

bartat404
Level 7
My device will not sleep or hibernate properly. Any time I put it into sleep mode or hibernate, the device behaves as if it's shut down or reboot.

When I put it to sleep, the power LED blinks, indicating the device is asleep, but when I awaken it Windows 10 behaves as if I had just started the computer. Nothing I was doing is open and everything starts up again as if it's been a cold boot.

Same problems with hibernation. The device won't hibernate properly and it acts like it's just been shut down.

What is going on here? Anybody else have similar issues? I would very much like my sleep function to work properly again.
😞

Thanks!

ASUS ROG GL551JW
Intel Core i7-4720HQ 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
6 REPLIES 6

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Have you made sure that you have the newest graphics and chipset drivers? Don't use the default drivers that came with Windows 10. I had the same issue on the first day when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10.

InfernoStorm wrote:
Have you made sure that you have the newest graphics and chipset drivers? Don't use the default drivers that came with Windows 10. I had the same issue on the first day when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10.

Thanks, I'll try this now and see if I can report any success.

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

bartat404
Level 7
No such luck. It's still behaving as if I shut down. Any other suggestions?

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Have you also checked the Advance Power options? Try disabling Hybrid Sleep.

bartat404
Level 7
It was already disabled and I tried enabling it to see if that fixed my problem. No such luck.

I've even completely reinstalled Win10 from stock, tried to sleep with the default drivers, the Windows Update drivers, and the drivers from the ASUS website and I still cannot sleep.

Are there known issues? Do I have to wait for more drivers?

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

bartat404
Level 7
I managed to get Hibernate working on the fresh install (Don't ask me how) so I replaced ALL sleep functions with Hibernate instead, so I can still resume where left off.

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M