cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 7.1 Headset not working

Lupinwolf
Level 7
Hey all

i recently Bought the Strix 7.1 headset for my pc and i am getting a Error message when i try to plug it in i Keep getting a error
message telling me " The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not Recognise it"

i tried changing USB slots turn pc off and on, taking power lead out, and updating drivers nothing helped, Spent 2 hrs nearly trying to
get it to work and searching the net for solutions. At one point i managed to get the Control box to light up and start working as in it
made the lights come on and move but no sound.

i am now at a loss for this and cant think of anything else to do but send it bk and get another headset or different one.

Oh and i recently upgraded to win 10 and there is no drivers or anything for this product, when i use the
Firmware it cant even find the headset to upgraded it. But a driver download program tells me there is something wrong with the
USB

any info would be great thx
14 REPLIES 14

Korth
Level 14
Try the headset on other USB ports. And on another computer. If it won't work on multiple platforms then you should probably return/exchange it.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Lupinwolf
Level 7
its turns out there not Compatable with WIN 10, which is bloody shocking and to cap it off Asus say IF or When the bring a driver out. they havent
even got drivers ready for them for win 10 coming out . just sent them bk and cancelled replacement pair.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
This is a pretty new product, so it should be working on Windows 10. This is very odd..

InfernoStorm
Level 10
The Strix 7.1 should be plug in play so shouldn't require additional drivers. Anyone else having this issue on Windows 10?

I have to say, I've got a Windows 10 machine, and a set of Strix 7.1 and they seem to be working okay. Granted I haven't played with everything about them, but I do get audio out of them (SS at that). I'm getting them as a Christmas present from my wife, and she wanted me to test them, before putting them away. (Just in case there is a problem with them (She bought them on sale)).

The control box should light up no matter what versions of Windows you have.

I first plugged them into a Windows 7 machine, and updated the firmware that's currently at beta stages. (This can be done on Windows 10 as well)

I then read this thread and got a little worried about them working on my Windows 10 machine, since I'll be using them on it the most. I plugged them in, and they worked first time.

Windows 10 downloaded the needed the drivers, and I got SS Audio.

I of course can't comment for back in August, about the lack of drivers back then, but I have a strong feeling that the OP had either a broken control box or their PC wasn't giving out enough power. It does use two ports, but even then, not all PCs give out enough power out of the front ports. One should use back ports for this, if possible. (And make sure you use two ports, like it asks for.)

I thought I'd add to this post for anyone else who's thinking of getting them now.

Make sure to plug in your headset HDMI jack to the RIGHT jack on the base. Unfortunately, the SPEAKER socket will fit your headset jack just fine but has the unfortunate tendency to not make any noise out of the headset, heh. If your headphones lights do not show, check where you plugged it into!

I have some strix 7.1 that I just bought, the problem is that they are disconnected and reconnected by themselves, as if to be restarted at any time, and update the firmware and for a few days I worked perfect but then passed ate the firit myself, I have windows 10 :(, sorry for my English I hope let me understand

kasikero wrote:
I have some strix 7.1 that I just bought, the problem is that they are disconnected and reconnected by themselves, as if to be restarted at any time, and update the firmware and for a few days I worked perfect but then passed ate the firit myself, I have windows 10 :(, sorry for my English I hope let me understand

First I would recommend that you check all connections to make sure nothing is loose, then I would recommend that you go onto the motherboard manufacturer website and download the latest drivers for your motherboard. The Strix 7.1 doesn't require 3rd party drivers and uses the default USB audio class drivers that Windows will download when the headset is first plugged in. The constant disconnecting can also be caused by damage wire or connector, in this case you would need to send in the headset for RMA.

Dreano
Level 7
Okay old thread but anyway. My pair don't seem to charge. The light comes on blue then just goes off. Is there a problem?