cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a Lights Off Mode

Alex_____
Level 7
Hi,

I would like to request to have a Lights Off or Movie mode, i.e, i would like to have a way of temporary disable the activity lights in front of the mouse pad, because they are extremely annoying and put tape on top of them when watching a movie is not exactly a good solution.

Thank you,

Alex
6 REPLIES 6

UncleGG
Level 7
Hey,

Can't you just use fn+f3 to reduce the brightness of the keyboard back-light? fn+f4 increases the brightness again.

Cheers

Alex_____
Level 7
The keyboard lights are fine, they even go off with a timer, i set mine to 5 minutes, what i was mention is the activity lights, where you see the num lock, Airplane mode, disk access, battery and plugged in status, those are the lights
that i would like to be able to turn them off or on, they are extremely annoying to see when watching a movie.

QC_AGENT
Level 7
x2 I wish these damn led would close in movie mode... since 3 gen of G7XX! If anyone has a way, please come forward

joshindaphils
Level 11
Black nail polish? Not easy to take on and off, but still a potential solution a touch more elegant than tape.

If you do go this route be VERY careful using nail polish remover on plastic as acetone dissolves plastic.

aeolisio
Level 10

Alex_____
Level 7
But we should have a movie or lights off mode, we got 6 extra buttons and to be honest i just used them one or two times to see what they do and a lot of times by mistake the Shadow play, we could have one of those to do something that's useful. 🙂