cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx Bios Rescue Password Needed!!

RazorWolf
Level 7
I have gone through the forums with no luck. after some research i have found that the bios has a rescue password option.

does anyone know how to go about getting it?

TIA. Asus g74sx-bbk8
5 REPLIES 5

RazorWolf
Level 7
Called and talked to customer support and of course they want me to RMA it and spend a estimated 165.00 to have the bios password removed. Seriously how hard is it to get me to talk with a Technician and get the Bios Rescue Password.

FaniRama
Level 7
I believe if you can open it up (btforums.com for step by step or youtube) you can just remove the cmos battery on the mobo and let the bios reset that way? I'm not sure if the rescue password is locked on the nvram in which case you're likely out of luck but I doubt it.
Hopefully this puts you on the right track. $165 for this is too high but considering they don't have time for this, they cannot charge you $20 for this.

RazorWolf
Level 7
I have tried removing the cmos battery with no success. most likely i am going to have to purchase a used or refurbished board on amazon.

Thank you FaniRama.

RazorWolf
Level 7
Quick update.
I found a updated Bios Rescue password and rolled back the system date and gained admin level boot, i have removed all bios passwords and am good to go.

I forgot my BIOS password and used your steps from another site to successfully remove my forgotten BIOS password. I am sharing your information here hoping it will help others as well. Thank you RazorWolf!

P.S. I am running BIOS version 203

Date: 12-31-2007

Password: LAOLDOA0

Adjust your date in windows to the date above.

Shutdown System

Power System on and hit your bios access key e.g. Esc/F1/F2/Del key, Mine was F2

When it asks for the password to enter bios Hit ALT-R to bring up the rescue password box.

Enter the password above and press ENTER Key.

Will load bios as a admin and give you access to everything.