cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g751jt for 3ds max

Nayem33397
Level 7
Hello,
I am planning to buy Asus g751jt (GTX 970m) for 3d modeling, rendering and animation in 3ds max.
Is anyone using this laptop or a similar one for the same purpose? Please let me know how good/bad it is in viewport and rendering etc. Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Nader
Level 8
I Use AutoCAD and its working Perfect.
I haven't tested 3d max yet but I bet it will work perfectly since its one of the best GPUs in the market today.

Thanks. Which version of Autocad you use? If autocad 2016, is hardware acceleration enables ?

Nader
Level 8
Not Exactly Sure. But I use it on Windows 10 and it works just fine.
Its only 1 Graphic Card too.

You Can Chose to update to Windows 10 or use Windows 8 by default.

Nayem33397
Level 7
Hello? Anybody else using 3ds max?

Rares95
Level 8
Dude you can use 3Ds max on a 610m (my previous laptop) why wouldn't you be able to run it with a 970m?

Rares95 wrote:
Dude you can use 3Ds max on a 610m (my previous laptop) why wouldn't you be able to run it with a 970m?

Thanks man. Can you please tell me how good it is in viewport. How many polygon the 610m can handle.

Nayem33397
Level 7
Can anyone please tell me how many polygon gtx 970m can handle in 3ds max?

aeolisio
Level 10
Been awhile since i messed with 3ds since i finally switched to maya but i loaded up a 12mil poly file and it rendered it fine on the 980m so i would imagine the 970 could handle 75 percent of that give or take.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aeolisio wrote:
Been awhile since i messed with 3ds since i finally switched to maya but i loaded up a 12mil poly file and it rendered it fine on the 980m so i would imagine the 970 could handle 75 percent of that give or take.

Thanks. That was really helpful