Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nayem33397 View Post
    Thanks. That was really helpful
    No problem but give maya a try you might learn to love it.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by aeolisio View Post
    No problem but give maya a try you might learn to love it.
    I mostly do architectural models. Is Maya better than 3ds max for this kind of job?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

For architectural engineering you might be better with autocad 3ds and revit.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

ROG Member Array

Hey

I can't tell how will 3ds max run but i have been using my G751JM past 5 months for 3d works and I use Cinema4d.

As for viewport rendering, my 860m does quite well and better than my office quadro card (fx4800). 970 will do pretty great. As for rendering which, it does a bit less than what I expected. Rendering stresses all cores so theoretically all cores should run at a constant 3.3ghz but mine stutters between 2.9 - 3.1Ghz and thus rendering suffers.

Temp wise it gives a max of 95C depending how long your are rendering.

I would suggest you to do a bench mark test in Cinebench15 to get a clear idea.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sagnik87 View Post
    Hey

I can't tell how will 3ds max run but i have been using my G751JM past 5 months for 3d works and I use Cinema4d.

As for viewport rendering, my 860m does quite well and better than my office quadro card (fx4800). 970 will do pretty great. As for rendering which, it does a bit less than what I expected. Rendering stresses all cores so theoretically all cores should run at a constant 3.3ghz but mine stutters between 2.9 - 3.1Ghz and thus rendering suffers.

Temp wise it gives a max of 95C depending how long your are rendering.

I would suggest you to do a bench mark test in Cinebench15 to get a clear idea.
    Thanks. I'll get the 970m then. About the render you said, from what I know if you are using all Core together at highest stress like rendering it will get only base frequency. Only 1 Core can gain turbo Boost and only when others are idle. Like when gaming.

ROG Member Array

I would suggest you to check 3ds max site and see what features they take advantage of the graphics card. As far as i know, 3ds max has GPU rendering which is not the case for cinema4d. So I would suggest do a test run.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sagnik87 View Post
    I would suggest you to check 3ds max site and see what features they take advantage of the graphics card. As far as i know, 3ds max has GPU rendering which is not the case for cinema4d. So I would suggest do a test run.
    3ds max supports both gpu and cpu rendering. I do cpu. Just need the gpu for viewport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2