cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your Windows 10 Q-Code after post?

Puffnstuff
Level 10
With 7 and 8.1 I always has a code of A0 showing once the system had finished posting and booted windows. With 10 I now see a 40 showing on the readout which is a value not found in the manual. Everything seems to be running fine, however I was just curious to see if anyone else sees the same code on their readout. Thanks for your replies.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932
13 REPLIES 13

Conners
Level 9
Puffnstuff wrote:
With 7 and 8.1 I always has a code of A0 showing once the system had finished posting and booted windows. With 10 I now see a 40 showing on the readout which is a value not found in the manual. Everything seems to be running fine, however I was just curious to see if anyone else sees the same code on their readout. Thanks for your replies.

Mine is showing A0...

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Once booted into the operating system the Q-Code displayed will be either A0, 30 or 40 depending on how the system was shut down. These code definitions can be found in the included user manual along with other important info.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Did you even read my initial post which clearly states that the 40 code is not listed in the manual table?
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
Did you even read my initial post which clearly states that the 40 code is not listed in the manual table?

Hello

Sure I did. As Q-code 40 is definitely listed in the M7H manual what I wrote is still applicable and valid.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
In the maximus vii hero manual there is no code for 40 so thanks for the info.

Puffnstuff wrote:
In the maximus vii hero manual there is no code for 40 so thanks for the info.

I believe it's listed as 0x40 in the manual, it says "System is waking up from the S4 sleep state"

I started to get Q-Code 40 with Windows 10 as well. I would really like it to enter S5 mode upon shutdown instead, I'm however not sure how to do that.

Nahrga wrote:
I believe it's listed as 0x40 in the manual, it says "System is waking up from the S4 sleep state"

I started to get Q-Code 40 with Windows 10 as well. I would really like it to enter S5 mode upon shutdown instead, I'm however not sure how to do that.

Hello

Disable Fast Start in Windows 10. Doing so will result in a full shutdown instead of S4 Hybrid.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Disable Fast Start in Windows 10. Doing so will result in a full shutdown instead of S4 Hybrid.

leebrown31 wrote:
I think is something in power options

right click start button, click power options then choose what the power button does, click change settings that are currently unavailable then take out tick in turn on fast start up (recommended)

Motherboard Q-Code is now A0 again and it goes to S5 sleep state as far as I can see, thanks!

Nahrga wrote:
Motherboard Q-Code is now A0 again and it goes to S5 sleep state as far as I can see, thanks!

Hello

You're welcome. 🙂