Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

realbench crash when the stress test is stopped

Hi,

It look like realbench crash my nvidia video driver when I stop the stress test after more than 10mins. I could run the test for hours without issues but as soon as I try to stop it the screen goes blank and I need to force reset my pc. I can run prime95 and uninige heaven for two hours no problem and it never crashed when I stopped them.

It does the same thing with default oc setting on my gpu. Is this a bug with realbench ? has anyone else have the same problem ?

Could it be an issue with sli ? I did not try it with sli disable.

I7 5930k
    asus rampage V x99
    gtx 980ti x3 sli
    8x4gb ddr4 2800 corsair dominator platinum

New ROGer Array

I'd like to find the answer to this question as well. My hardware includes a Rampage V Extreme board, 5960x and 2x ASUS GTX 980 Ti Strix GPU's in SLI. Im suffering from the exact same issue and am having to avoid realbench for the time being. Came here looking to make a post on this very subject.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the same exact issue:

Maximus VIII Hero
    980 Ti SLI

Crashes/screen goes black every time regardless of the duration of the test. I do believe it's related to SLI though as when I disabled it, everything was fine. Hopefully they fix this soon, but I think we can at least rest assured it's not a stability issue with our systems.

ROG Enthusiast Array

That's good to know. Thanks for your answer.

New ROGer Array

same issue. 6700k and 980 Ti SLI. was stress testing for about 5 hrs yesterday and another 6 or so today. both times i came back to a black screen. have another intermittent issue where luxmark crashes. everything else (desktop, handbrake test) is running fine. i decided that after running ok for a total of 11 hrs that my 4.6 overclock is rock solid. realbench? not so much...

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem. is this something that I should worry about?
    Sometimes the PC reboots itself when the test stops after hours of testing. Is this something that I should investigate?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

If your system crashes or reboots during or after then it is a stability issue, whether you should worry is up to you, if your system is stable in your daily use is more important than if its stable running stress test unless you run stress tests and benchmarks most the time.
    Black screens are probably driver related, if you are running the benchmark to compare your scores against others you don't need to run your cards in sli, Relbench uses all your graphics cards regardless if there in a sli or crossfire setup or not

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sblantipodi View Post
    I have the same problem. is this something that I should worry about?
    Sometimes the PC reboots itself when the test stops after hours of testing. Is this something that I should investigate?
    Just to be clear, it always crashes when you stop the test and you have SLI enabled and occasionally the crash is a
    reboot instead of a black screen? If you haven't already, use other stability tests to test your system. If RealBench
    is the only one to have issues with, then whether or not you should investigate more depends on how sure you
    want to be that it's not just a glitch in RealBench.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    Black screens are probably driver related, if you are running the benchmark to compare your scores against others you don't need to run your cards in sli, Relbench uses all your graphics cards regardless if there in a sli or crossfire setup or not
    ...or then there just might be iffy code in RealBench. The fact that this happens when people are stopping the
    stress test and not running the benchmark seems odd. If it was a driver issue, one would not (as a first guess)
    expect the test crash when starting instead when the system is supposed to return to its normal desktop state.

Is everyone experiencing SLI issues using the newest NVIDIA drivers? Post your driver version, maybe someone
    can narrow the problem down even more.

New ROGer Array

Looks like this problem hasn't been fixed. I run a SLI setup and I have the exact same problem - everything works fine until I stop or the time runs out for the stress test. Too bad, I really like the program but as of now I will have to use something else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast