cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

realbench crash when the stress test is stopped

Zordrack
Level 7
Hi,

It look like realbench crash my nvidia video driver when I stop the stress test after more than 10mins. I could run the test for hours without issues but as soon as I try to stop it the screen goes blank and I need to force reset my pc. I can run prime95 and uninige heaven for two hours no problem and it never crashed when I stopped them.

It does the same thing with default oc setting on my gpu. Is this a bug with realbench ? has anyone else have the same problem ?

Could it be an issue with sli ? I did not try it with sli disable.

I7 5930k
asus rampage V x99
gtx 980ti x3 sli
8x4gb ddr4 2800 corsair dominator platinum
20 REPLIES 20

GelatinousFury
Level 7
I'd like to find the answer to this question as well. My hardware includes a Rampage V Extreme board, 5960x and 2x ASUS GTX 980 Ti Strix GPU's in SLI. Im suffering from the exact same issue and am having to avoid realbench for the time being. Came here looking to make a post on this very subject.

Saintfurion
Level 7
I have the same exact issue:

Maximus VIII Hero
980 Ti SLI

Crashes/screen goes black every time regardless of the duration of the test. I do believe it's related to SLI though as when I disabled it, everything was fine. Hopefully they fix this soon, but I think we can at least rest assured it's not a stability issue with our systems.

Zordrack
Level 7
That's good to know. Thanks for your answer.

indianajonze
Level 7
same issue. 6700k and 980 Ti SLI. was stress testing for about 5 hrs yesterday and another 6 or so today. both times i came back to a black screen. have another intermittent issue where luxmark crashes. everything else (desktop, handbrake test) is running fine. i decided that after running ok for a total of 11 hrs that my 4.6 overclock is rock solid. realbench? not so much...

sblantipodi
Level 9
I have the same problem. is this something that I should worry about?
Sometimes the PC reboots itself when the test stops after hours of testing. Is this something that I should investigate?

sblantipodi wrote:
I have the same problem. is this something that I should worry about?
Sometimes the PC reboots itself when the test stops after hours of testing. Is this something that I should investigate?

Just to be clear, it always crashes when you stop the test and you have SLI enabled and occasionally the crash is a
reboot instead of a black screen? If you haven't already, use other stability tests to test your system. If RealBench
is the only one to have issues with, then whether or not you should investigate more depends on how sure you
want to be that it's not just a glitch in RealBench.

Menthol
Level 14
If your system crashes or reboots during or after then it is a stability issue, whether you should worry is up to you, if your system is stable in your daily use is more important than if its stable running stress test unless you run stress tests and benchmarks most the time.
Black screens are probably driver related, if you are running the benchmark to compare your scores against others you don't need to run your cards in sli, Relbench uses all your graphics cards regardless if there in a sli or crossfire setup or not

Menthol wrote:
Black screens are probably driver related, if you are running the benchmark to compare your scores against others you don't need to run your cards in sli, Relbench uses all your graphics cards regardless if there in a sli or crossfire setup or not

...or then there just might be iffy code in RealBench. The fact that this happens when people are stopping the
stress test and not running the benchmark seems odd. If it was a driver issue, one would not (as a first guess)
expect the test crash when starting instead when the system is supposed to return to its normal desktop state.

Is everyone experiencing SLI issues using the newest NVIDIA drivers? Post your driver version, maybe someone
can narrow the problem down even more.

Looks like this problem hasn't been fixed. I run a SLI setup and I have the exact same problem - everything works fine until I stop or the time runs out for the stress test. Too bad, I really like the program but as of now I will have to use something else.