cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Fast Boot after performing Windows 10 clean install?

Anolin
Level 9
My new G771 came with Window 8.1 so I did the upgrade to Windows 10 (and upgraded the BIOS to to 208), then downloaded Windows 10 on a USB flash drive for a clean install, and I had to disable Fast Boot and enable Launch CSM so that it would boot of the USB drive, but now how do I go about setting it back?

I've tried enabling Fast Boot, disabling CSM, and both enabling and disabling Secure Boot Control, but it won't ever boot into Windows (just the BIOS) unless I disable Fast Boot and enable Launch CSM.

Does this have something to do with the Secure Boot Control and the Key Management of the BIOS?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

TugaPower
Level 8
Did you flashed your usb key with Windows 10 UEFI Mode ? If not, this its your problem. You must use an usb with Windows in UEFI mode.

Yes, I used Rufus to create the Windows 10 USB boot device and set it to the default MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI. Should I have used MBR or GPT partition scheme for UEFI instead?

TugaPower wrote:
Did you flashed your usb key with Windows 10 UEFI Mode ? If not, this its your problem. You must use an usb with Windows in UEFI mode.

Yep, that was it! I set it to GPT with UEFI and now I can boot into fast mode again. God some days I'm a tard...

TugaPower
Level 8
Nice you fix, enjoy.