cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Gene availability in Europe\Germany

czernobog
Level 7
Hi,
I've ordered the above mentioned mainboard a week ago in Germany, since then the delivery date is being pushed forward day by day with no final date in sight.
Has anyone been able to get one as of late, is there a supply problem, maybe someone knows when the Gene mainboard will be available?
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

puma99dk_
Level 9
Hmm i seen this board in and out of stock aswell in Germany, i was originally planning to buy it from caseking, but with the board being fast out of stock, i manage to find it in denmark, at proshop and got the board they actually tested.

Ik that some of the hw stores in my country that don't have the Gene in stock expect it 25th of August, dunno if that can help a little.

Thanks for answering, 25th is ok, actually any information is good. Pushing the date up one day for more than a week now is frustrating since there is no promise that it will eventually be the next day, week or month.
edit: today the delivery date has been pushed to the 27.08 (mindfactory.de) 😞

kkn
Level 14
its all down to the amount the sellers can get in at stock.
and how fast asus can ship them out.

Vlada011
Level 10
Maximus VIII Gene is perfect. It's true Z170 series Hero and Gene offer better option than previous generations.
Now I would build i7-6700K only on Gene.
OK Intel give us better option with i7-5820K and with X99-A/USB 3.1 could be build for same money as Z170 platform with Hero motherboard.
That's better option, but I talk about Skylake... Maximus VIII Gene is perfect for such platform.
I will probably build next Extreme platform on mATX board. It's time to cross on smaller RIGs and bigger monitor.
I mean smaller but powerfull.

I'm on the same boat. I thought about building a new platform based on mATX X99, however I opted to wait for Skylake instead. AFAIK there are only 2 mATX X99 mainboards, from ASRock and EVGA, however they cannot compete with the ROG features.
Maybe ASUS will bring something on the market for the next Extreme chipset iteration.