cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P8Z68 Sleep Mode Screensaver Windows 10

Navox
Level 7
Greetings, I ran into an issue with my P8Z68 Motherboard and Windows 10.

My pc will not go into sleep mode nor will will it use the screensaver in windows.

Troubleshooting steps.

If I boot my pc and leave it at a login prompt and have sleep configured to turn off the monitor after so many minutes the monitor will shut off.

Thinking it was some piece of software causing this problem, I ran msconfig and disabled everything non microsoft from startup, as I have several apps that auto start (Chrome, Skype, Steam,, Bnet)

Just asking this forum to see if anybody else has experienced this issue so far. Its very frustrating.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Melkor
Level 7
Hello,

Same issue here on Maximus VI Formula, on fresh install everything worked fine for sure - I did clean install 2 times because of this issue. I'm not sure if it does happen after specific driver install or after Windows Update package.

Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I've exhausted my know how in order to troubleshoot and I don't want to have to go through another clean install to figure it all out.

Melkor
Level 7
Just a small update, in my case Razer Synapse software was responsible for not letting my PC sleep or turn off display, after uninstall everything is fine. I'll try to reinstall later and do additional tweaking because I need Synapse to configure my keyboard and mice.

Melkor, here is a solution to the Razer issue and it resolved my Windows 10 sleep mode issue. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/razer-synapse-software-pr...