I have an issue with my new build:

Intel i7-5820K
RAMPAGE V EXTREME x99
32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 TI
Corsair Hydro H100i GTX CPU Cooler
512GB Samsung SM951 AHCI M.2
Corsair TX850M PSU

When I boot the computer it takes around 2 minutes 30 seconds to start loading windows.

I have uploaded a video to youtube to see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxL4tKpA5B4&feature=youtu.be

I have turned off the full screen boot image and set the POST continue to wait for escape so you can see how long it takes.

When I press the power button I can hear my water cooler churning away for about 20 seconds.
The harddrive LED flashes constently.
After about 1 minute the blue light on my mouse flashes like its getting power for a split second then it goes off again.
I then wait for another minute before they are powered back on and I get my boot loader (Grub).

Once in windows everything is smooth.

I have pulled the system apart, removed all USB devices (of which i only have a keyboard and mouse).
I have turned off RAID.
Disconnected all internal USB hubs and harddrives so only the graphics card and M.2 drive have power and this has no effect.

This was also happening before the instilation of the M.2 drive.

I used to have 4 SSDs in RAID and it was a bit faster at booting but only by about 30 seconds.

The BIOS version is 1601

Anyone any idea whats going on? Or how I can diagnose the issue?

Cheers
19 REPLIES 19

Vlada011
Level 10
I'm not sure what happen with M.2 I have normal old Force GT SSD and 20-21 seconds need to Boot I didn't change nothing except Post Delay 0 sec.
I mean for someone is and 20 seconds long, but I think it's normal because more complicate BIOS and everything else.
What happen with previous BIOS version, before you flashed same?
Did you tried maybe with second BIOS? I would try and with other PSU.

Chino
Level 15
Which method did you use to update the BIOS? Also please clear your CMOS for me and see if the system still takes ages to load. 😛

Chino wrote:
Which method did you use to update the BIOS? Also please clear your CMOS for me and see if the system still takes ages to load. 😛

Thank you sir!

Clearing the CMOS worked like a charm 🙂

Vlada011
Level 10
And you didn't try that immediately before question. 🙂 That's second option if load default not fix situation before trying second BIOS and update if some problem show up. It's good you fix that. How long is now, 20 seconds?

Vlada011 wrote:
And you didn't try that immediately before question. 🙂 That's second option if load default not fix situation before trying second BIOS and update if some problem show up. It's good you fix that. How long is now, 20 seconds?

i have same problem but Clearing the CMOS did not help me 😞

zenga wrote:
i have same problem but Clearing the CMOS did not help me 😞

List your full system specifications including the models of all your USB devices connected.

corsair ax1500i, asus rampage v extreme, memory D4 3000 16GB C14 Corsair, i7 5930K, asus strix gtx 980 ti sli, Corsair Hydro H110, samsung evo 850 1tb
usb SteelSeries 6Gv2 Gaming, logitec g700s and g700, sometimes Xbox controller for Windows, and g700s for now alone
SteelSeries Elite Prism gaming headset, but i did try to unplug it all and see if that helps,
Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Chino
Level 15
So you're saying that you've tried unplugging all your USB devices and your system still takes a long time to boot? Just how long are we talking about?

right now it just gets stuck on Black screen and i have to turn it off and on to get pass it, and when im Lucky to get something on my monitor it says overclocking faild, where i have to push F1 (evrything is on default)
when im in bios pushing F5 to make it default and save /reset it says that i did not make any changes
after reset i still get Black screen, i do get mange somehow to get Windows if im Lucky
when in Windows it Works perfect 🙂
but this board was just making me unhappy since i got it, with blue screen and overclocking faild even when it is was not overclocket
i did mange to get rid of blue screen with difrent version of bios