cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG278Q G-Sync causing mayor lag

poppe
Level 7
Hello.

Wondering if anyone else got this issue and if someone from Asus could acknowledge this.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I've been having mayor lags in all games when G-Sync is enabled.
I've only seen one person having the same problem and it's a streamer. Here is a VOD of him playing showing exactly what is happening. http://www.twitch.tv/lirik/v/10391963?t=31m40s

Both of us got the issue when we upgraded to Windows 10

What I've tried:
Clean install Windows 10
DDU and clean install Nvidia drivers

Anyone know what's up?

EDIT:
This seems to be happening because of having global V-Sync OFF. Guess that "dynamic G-Sync feature" isn't quite working properly in Windows 10 yet. I'll just have to wait for Nvidia to get their **** together.

It's weird how not more people are experiencing this though which makes me worried.
2 REPLIES 2

matrixleader
Level 8
I have flickering all the time when G-SYNC is enabled and noone cares to even reply to my post, see this:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74496-What-is-the-solution-for-the-G-Sync-flickering-on-the...

I don't know if this is an nVIDIA Driver issue or is this one of the worst and most overpriced screens in history! I regret buying it so much

b00gjuice
Level 8
I've had this also recently after installing Windows 10.

I got my PG278Q in August 2014 just when they started to appear. At that time, lots of others had major lag with gsync enabled. If you installed the drivers again fresh, without re-booting then gsync would work. Also, turning off gsync, rebooting, and then turning gsync back on would fix it sometimes. Then new drivers came out that fixed it for good. Now it seems the same issue is happening again for some people with Win 10 drivers. I had been playing Witcher III and I must have messed up the Nvidia 3D settings for Witcher III because I set it to default in the control panel and the problem went away and I've not had the issue for about a week now. Having Vsync on or off should not matter in any way with fixing gsync lag as gsync ignores vsync.

I went and found my original post right after I got the monitor and I had the gsync lag/stutter right out of the box. It did not like my dedicated physx card so I removed it and gsync worked. Then every few days it would break again, I would install drivers fresh without rebooting to fix it until new drivers came out. In my opinion, its not the monitor, its the driver, video card, or display cable. I remember also getting a high quality display port cable and for a year I've never run my monitor above 120hz since 144hz keeps my GPU clocks up high all the time.

Good Luck and I hope you get it fixed.