Build:
ROG Maximus VIII Hero MOBO
Intel 6600k cpu
Corsair Vengeance lpx 16gb (4x4) ram
Coolermaster Evo 212 Heatsink
ThermalIntake tr-700 PSU
128gb sm951 m.2 ssd (boot drive)
EVGA 960 4gb ssc gpu

I spent all last night building my computer and throwing it together and around 6 oclock this morning I was able to get into the bios and install my os on my m.2 ssd after tinkering around in it for a little bit. I intalled all my drivers (actually by jury rigging my some cables into my parents computer to use their optical drive) and installed steam. I started installing counter-strike global offensive but my internet was mediocre and I did not feel like staying up to watch a 4 hour download so I went to bed. I wake later in the afternoon to find that my computer no longer turns on. The leds on the ROG symbol on the chipset turns on and some of the other cosmetic ones do but the QCODE doesn't show and none of the other lights turn on. If I hold the power button on the front of my case I can get my fans to spin/light up a little bit for half a second. I could really use some help for this is my first build and I can't think of anything else to do 😕
5 REPLIES 5

kkn
Level 14
is the PSU new? or from another build?
by the 24pin ( or around there ) there should be some leds whit names besides them, like CPU, RAM++
post the name of that where the led is lit up on.

Silly_Grizzly
Level 7
The PSU is brand new and the only lights that turn on are the red trim leds that are cosmetics and the START and RESET buttons. I'm starting to think it's either my PSU and my MOBO.

Nate152
Hello Silly Grizzly

You are correct, no code from the motherboard is either the psu or mobo.

kkn
Level 14
if you did buy your system online RMA mobo and PSU ( this so you dont have to wait 2x as long ),
if you did buy it in a store ( and if its no huge hassle ) you could take the system with you and ask if they can test both mobo and psu just to have tested both.

Silly_Grizzly
Level 7
I have a friend whose going to let me borrow his PSU tomorrow just to test this out. Thank you guys for all the help. I was really panicing for a second because I was unsure of what was going on. 🙂