cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX-DH72 Windows 10 Issue - Loudness Equalization MISSING

AdelaisAer
Level 8
Hi, everyone. Been a long time since I've been here, but I'll cut to the chase.

So I upgraded to Win 10 a while ago, and everything seemed fine. I noticed my audio being...weak...but didn't know why. I updated to the latest drivers (using Windows Update and Device Manager), and now I realized the issue - the enhancements are all missing.

I found something interesting - I uninstalled THX TruStudio, which made enhancements appear again, but Loudness Equalization was nowhere to be found, so I restored THX TruStudio again. Now I wanted to try to uninstall it again, but when I try, nothing happens. Might have to manually uninstall it - anyone can walk me through it?

TL;DR G74SX-DH72, upgraded to Win 10, Loudness Equalization is missing. What do?

EDIT:
This laptop's audio has Nvidia, Realtek, and THX TruStudio. That's how it was. I changed nothing.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM
  • Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB
  • 700GB 7200rpm HDD (x2 paritions, 350GB each)
17 REPLIES 17

maxus123
Level 7
Hi man,

I also upgraded to Windows 10 and it seems Creative THX TruStudio is not working.

Have you found any solution?

Thanks,
Maxus

toronto699
Level 13
go to creative and see if they have W10 drivers , that's what I did for my non creative sound card

toronto699 wrote:
go to creative and see if they have W10 drivers , that's what I did for my non creative sound card

Unfortunately, I doubt there are drivers for W10, I only found ones for W7 and W8.

Also, Creative does not really allows to download them from website as they are already included in laptop's software.

I decided to roll back to Windows7 as the sound was pretty lame on W10 due to lacking drivers. Unfortunately, my mouse and keyboard did not respond when I rolled back, so I had to format once again. I'll stick to W7 and SSD drive... 🙂

toronto699 wrote:
Creative W10 drivers http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

Thanks, I'll try these and see if it works.

EDIT: I noticed that those are drivers for just Creative audio cards, not the actual THX TruStudio software. Any chance of finding a Win10 update for that?

Will see if the Realtek one at least helps...
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB

toronto699
Level 13
AdelaisAer wrote:
Hi, everyone. Been a long time since I've been here, but I'll cut to the chase.

So I upgraded to Win 10 a while ago, and everything seemed fine. I noticed my audio being...weak...but didn't know why. I updated to the latest drivers (using Windows Update and Device Manager), and now I realized the issue - the enhancements are all missing.

I found something interesting - I uninstalled THX TruStudio, which made enhancements appear again, but Loudness Equalization was nowhere to be found, so I restored THX TruStudio again. Now I wanted to try to uninstall it again, but when I try, nothing happens. Might have to manually uninstall it - anyone can walk me through it?

TL;DR G74SX-DH72, upgraded to Win 10, Loudness Equalization is missing. What do?

EDIT:
This laptop's audio has Nvidia, Realtek, and THX TruStudio. That's how it was. I changed nothing.

here is latest realtek drivers
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&Itemid=255&catid=4&id=7〈=fr&li...

be sure to use the passwaord In the post to download driver u want to try, isn't loudness equalization in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" In W10 search type "Realtek HD Audio Manager "u can make a restore point in W10 if u want to go back to the previous driver if u install a new one , in search in W10 type restore point and create one

Almighty1
Level 9
I am missing Loudness Equalization too on my G74SX-3DE with the latest Realtek drivers.... I've tried everything from Windows Update to 6.0.1.7624 WHQL.

toronto699
Level 13
isn't loudness EQ in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager"? try this
Right click on the speaker icon , click on open volume mixer , in device click on the speaker , Speaker properties should open , click on enhancements , change the enhancements u want

toronto699 wrote:
isn't loudness EQ in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager"? try this
Right click on the speaker icon , click on open volume mixer , in device click on the speaker , Speaker properties should open , click on enhancements , change the enhancements u want

.....That's the issue that me and the other guy were talking about - there is NO Loudness Equalization in the Realtek Manager. It's what we're trying to figure out.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB