cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall mounted Rig

Feros_Rigs
Level 7
n designing a wall mount case for sometime now. We have received my newest design from the powder coat shop yesterday and ready to move forward. This case is design to house a ATX and xl ATX (hole placement) do plan on make others for smaller and larger form factors. For now ATX for it is the most common. No limitations on GPU size or PSU size. An open-air computer case meets artistic design. Breaking from tradition, this wall mounted computer case is expressive and unique. All wires are to be ran behind panel with plenty of room and to mount other hardware that might be need for each build. There are a few things I still want to tweak but I also wanted to get the word out. Let me know what you guys think. We are lunching this on Kickstarter soon we were waiting for this to get back from the shop. All support is welcomed thank you

Here is our Facebook please give us a like and repost
https://www.facebook.com/FerosRigs

This is the VM-Rigid

And this is the VM-dual

Specs on this rig
MB- Asus Extreme V Ram- 16gb DDR4 2400 crucial balistix sport, M.2- Samsung SM951 265GB - OS only, 3 SSD- Raid 0 - Games and Apps, 1 1TB- storage, 1 4TB- storage, 2 GTX 780- EVGA SC, Asus OverClock panel, Evga 1300 PSU,
2 Primochill CTR Phase2 D5 enable res, 2 Swiftech d5 pumps var Primochill fittings

http://imgur.com/a/e8Soi

will be posting full build videos on both cases soon.
9 REPLIES 9

M11C
Level 10
Looks good. I would probably have used normal tubing to give it some character.

could use some LED backlight too.

Watercooling FTW :cool:

"essentially one of the most hardcore overclocking motherboards ever made."
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/03/24/asus_rampage_iv_black_edition_motherboard_review/7

M11C wrote:
Looks good. I would probably have used normal tubing to give it some character.

could use some LED backlight too.

I couldn't agree more with you the last photo is a spot from when I was doing my 24 hr leak test. I have a lot of changes coming to this rig. Im in the process of editing the videos for these rigs right now. Once completed I will be posting updates soon

Nate152
Definitely different, I'm diggin' it. 🙂

I'm wondering how well the fans cool if there is no space behind them to let air flow through. One thing that concerns me is dust settling over time.

Nate152 wrote:
Definitely different, I'm diggin' it. 🙂

I'm wondering how well the fans cool if there is no space behind them to let air flow through. One thing that concerns me is dust settling over time.

The plate is spaced 2" from the wall with another fan behind the MB. Dust is always an issues with computers but with this design it will collect less dust than a closed case. Because there is no walls to hold in the dust. So the only spots that will collect dust faster is the areas where the fans blow directly on. Aside from that the rest will collect no faster than most things in your home. To be fair though that is the plus to this the down is it is not as silent as a closed case. Water cooling and SSDs are a big help in the area, with having so many companies designing closed loop systems these days it only get easier.

Nate152
Two inches from the wall should be enough to get sufficient air flow, have you done any tests to see what temps you're getting?

I like the fact all the cables are hidden too it's super clean looking.

Nate152 wrote:
Two inches from the wall should be enough to get sufficient air flow, have you done any tests to see what temps you're getting?

I like the fact all the cables are hidden too it's super clean looking.

Im running the sleek right now with only 1 fan on each radiator and at idle it is @35c its in a single loop setup at the moment so the temp is for 2 gtx780 cards and the cpu.

errornosignal
Level 7
Looks slick! Can't wait to see more.

errornosignal wrote:
Looks slick! Can't wait to see more.

Heres a quick update some new photos Just waiting for my new SSD and HDD to get in.

RoG1
Level 7
awesome, no heat probs any more:D