cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6700k Asus Z170 Deluxe Overclock settings help

beadly
Level 7
Hi,

Can anyone please give me some tips on what things to enable and safe voltages? There are so many options now and it has been a few years since I have overclocked. I used to have 2600k. Now I have 6700k, 32GB of DDR4 3000mhz gskill RAM. I am on the BIOS 701 right now.

What settings should be enabled? I know there are some load calibrations or other settings that need to be set to higher levels, I dont know what the other things should be. This is for a 24/7 overclock I am trying to get. I want to try to get a good overclock, 4.8 would be nice, but at safe voltages I can normally run at for a long time.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

x-rated
Level 8
hello,
u have nearly same pc as me 🙂 i am tweaking time to time already for two weeks and i must say that for 101% 24/7 stability it is hard to reach even 4,7 GHz 😞 i can run cinebench many times, i can run aida again and again @ 4,8 GHz with something like 1,42V vcore, but when it comes to handbrake (i have to transcode 4+TB of movies from h.264 to h.265), the only absolutely stable configuration is 4,7 GHz with vcore @1,47 - 1,49V in cpuz 😞 in bios i set vcore to positive offset 0,51V... with lower vcore i had clock watchdog timeout after 1+ hour
this is of course impossible without water cooling (i use corsair h100i gtx with 100% fan speed), on my maximus viii gene i also set LLC to level 7, cpu current capability to 140%, vrm switching frequency to 500 KHz, power duty control and power phase control to extreme... may be there is still some space for tweaking, but for now i am happy with this superstable state 🙂
right now i am on intel graphics and when i try to overclock kingston hyperx predator 4x8GB@3 GHz memory (btw 3 GHz is unstable even with default cpu frequency), my screen gets black in 1G avx2 y-cruncher 😞 i will try again later with pcie graphics card
i wish you good luck and strong mind 😄

Keller1234
Level 7
Firstly where did you get the 0701 BIOS??

Overclock-wise I suggest:
1) Set a multiplier of 46 and MANUAL Vcore of 1.35
2) See if booting into windows is possible and run stress tests

3a) Pass? increase mult to 47/reduce voltage and try step 2 again
3b) Fail? Increase voltage/decrease mult to 45 and try step 2 again

4) Set max cache ratio to 43/44, and leave min on auto -> if this causes instability then leave on auto and ignore step

5) Use XMP (Ai overclocker) to reach 3000Mhz memory, check boot and stress test

6) Once everything is stable take note the Vcore, you can use offset mode alternatively to reduce power consumption at idle

Leave all other settings on AUTO. Only mess with the other settings if you know what you are doing/trying for 4.8-5ghz OC

beadly
Level 7
Ok thank you both. I have 4.7 at 1.355 volts with adaptive mode right now. I will try for 4.8 tonight i think and let it stress test. it passed 4.5 hours of intel XTU at 4.7 and 1.355. what is the highest 24/7 voltage to run at on 6700k? I read Intel has not release the datasheets yet for it. I see a lot of people running at 1.4 but im not sure that is ok for 24/7

x-rated
Level 8
with good cooler 1,45V is ok 🙂 i recomend for stress testing avx2 y-cruncher (in binaries folder x64 AVX2 ~ Airi.exe) - it´s quite fast and extreme way how to test stability 🙂 just type 0, 1, 0, 30 (with enter after each choice) and let it roll 😄 i don´t think 1,36V could be 100% stable at 4,7 GHz
btw i finally solved my issue with memory @ 3 GHz, CR1 was the problem 😞 with CR2 it works well 🙂

Hey Guys,

Not too many threads out there on overclocking the 6700k yet. I'm running this under a Corsair 100iGTX on a Hero VIII. I've taken a very simple appraoch and simply put it on manual, increased the core to 4.8 and then found the lowest stable overclock. For me this was 1.325 volts. Then I turned on XMP checked again. Then turned on adaptive voltage. The adaptive voltage bumps it right up to 1.395 volts but only during the encoding part of RealBench. So I am hitting roughly 1.4 for heavy encoding. Temps don't go above 72 so am leaving that as my final setting for now.

Not going to mess with any other settings as I am not sure any of them are worth it. Good luck with your chips.