cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to upgrade the gpu of Asus G751jt?

Simao
Level 7
Hi guys. I have a Asus g751jt with a gtx 970m. I have a question. It´s possible upgrade the gpu of this notebook, or only the RAM?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

aeolisio
Level 10
Simao wrote:
Hi guys. I have a Asus g751jt with a gtx 970m. I have a question. It´s possible upgrade the gpu of this notebook, or only the RAM?
Thanks.

You cannot upgrade the GPU in a g751 its soldered on. You can search common questions with the search bar on the top right.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60434-Is-it-possible-to-upgrade-the-Gpu-in-the-G75JT-lapto...
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carnoustie
Level 9
the link above shows what can be upgraded.

Simao
Level 7
Ok, than you so much guys. I have only another question. Im new for here, and I don´t know if this is the right place to make this question, but i will ask. I update my system to Windows 10, with a Windows Update. With a clean installation and after a disk cleaning, i´ve lost my factory partition (System Recovery), and so i cant recovery my pc. There are anyway to get this folder again?

Simao wrote:
Ok, than you so much guys. I have only another question. Im new for here, and I don´t know if this is the right place to make this question, but i will ask. I update my system to Windows 10, with a Windows Update. With a clean installation and after a disk cleaning, i´ve lost my factory partition (System Recovery), and so i cant recovery my pc. There are anyway to get this folder again?

The only way to get that folder is from another G751 Owner but it only contains drivers and documents that can mostly be replaced by the asus downloads page. I personally wipe it from every g751 we use because i dont need to keep outdated drivers.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

but does anyone know if it is possible to change the entire plate?

BigJohnny
Level 13
G751 nis embedded and soldered into the MOBO. The chip, VRAM and GPU VRMs are all soldered in. Its pretty much the same with all ASUS notebooks. About the only thing you can upgrade or change are the drives and the ram. If you change the entire plate that's the MOBO and if it fits its an entirely different machine. If you want to upgrade better off buying a newer machine than to attempt changing the MOBO from a different model. The best you could do would maybe stay in the same product and replace it with a G751JY that would get you from a 970M to a 980M but I not so sure that would work. I have both models and they case on the JY over the JT is thicker. Even going up to the G752VY its still a 980M GPU which isnt going to give you all that much of a boost seeing how current models are rolling out with 30XX and they are soldered in too.

There are other machines on the marked with a separate plug in GPU card but ASUS isnt one of them.