CasePhanteks Evolv ATX - Tempered GLass edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G700S
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Mid Size
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-2300
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterSome sucky modem with build in wifi router.
    Accessory #1 Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
    Accessory #2 Hotas Warthog with Saitek Pro pedals
    Accessory #3 HTC Vive

Quote Originally Posted by KrzyMoke View Post
    Sharo,

I just got my Maximus VIII Hero Alpha a couple days ago. Updated the bios. Installed windows with no hitch. The new bios fixes all the past issues. My 950 Pro is smokin! Just be sure to reset to defaults after you flash the bios, then setup the board. Currently getting 4.7 @1.32 OC with ease. Once I get a little more time, I'll try to see how far this setup will go.
    What do you mean "Just be sure to reset to defaults after you flash the bios"

ROG Member Array KrzyMoke PC Specs
    KrzyMoke PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus VG278HE
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GTX
    CaseCorsair 760T Black
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad none
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

After you flash your bios and the computer boots up. Go into bios, hit F2 ( I believe) to load default settings. This will load the default settings of that bios and then configure your bios settings. This is the one thing I missed and I just kept getting weird problems. So I read through the forums and Chino stated to ensure to reset to default settings after a flash. And TaDa!!! Easy Peasy.
    Last edited by KrzyMoke; 06-17-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Wrong F button. Corrected to F2

ROG Member Array stathis221 PC Specs
    stathis221 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus viii gene
    ProcessorIntel core i7 6700k
    Memory (part number)Gskill tridentz 3200mgh
    Graphics Card #1MSI r9 290x lightning+kraken g10+Corsair h55
    MonitorBenq xl2411z 144hz
    Storage #1Hyper savage 240gb
    Storage #2Corsair neutron xt 240 gb
    CPU CoolerArctic liquid freezer 240
    CaseLianli PC v359 matx
    Power SupplyCorsair ax860
    Keyboard Coolemaster rapid-i cherry MX brown
    Mouse Zowie ec1-A
    Headset Hyperx cloud
    OS Win10

Latest BIOS 1701 didn't need any of the Bios configuration.Just installed the sm951 nvme edition and installed win 10.
    If anyone have problems with the low speeds of the sm951,try installing the nvme drivers from Samsung. I know that the drivers are for the 950 pro nvme,but it worked like a charm for me.

New ROGer Array

Good to know. I was writing down the guide then i read the last post :V So i'll update to 1701, default option and then install WIN10 on my 950 PRO :V

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi all
    Right now I have almost a month upgrading from my z77 sabertooth to m8 formula.
    I was on w7 on my previous setup on my 500gb evo 850 and since I ve got everything working nice I chose to keep my previous w7 install
    so I disabled secure boot and enabled csm, installed all drivers and apps and I was up working fine my old environment.
    Now if I buy a 950pro can I have dual boot with windows 10 on m2 and win7 on my old ssd?
    Do I need to enable uefi for some reason, extra speed or to be able to install win10 on m2? I found some tutorials to convert my current w7 to gpt so to have it boot through uefi afterwards but is it worth it?
    Do I need a certain version (nvme or ahci as I ve read) of 950pro to have the dual boot setup or both work with win10?
    Will I be able to disable the windows 7 boot choice at a later time when I don't need it any more and keep my win10 only?

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by pamarakos; 08-13-2016 at 05:48 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by KrzyMoke View Post
    After you flash your bios and the computer boots up. Go into bios, hit F2 ( I believe) to load default settings. This will load the default settings of that bios and then configure your bios settings. This is the one thing I missed and I just kept getting weird problems. So I read through the forums and Chino stated to ensure to reset to default settings after a flash. And TaDa!!! Easy Peasy.
    Well, just to correct you: To set default BIOS settings AFTER updating BIOS is useless. Why? Because when updating BIOS, your old BIOS wil be erased and the new BIOS installed with default settings. Every time you update BIOS, everything is default after updating. That's how BIOS update works.
    Everything else is just "home made". So if you think manually setting default after BIOS update does anything to your system. It's just like placebo.
    Has no effect on anything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4