MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Maximus viii hero bios 1202

So... another new bios. Beta 1202 released just 4 days after 1102. So what the heck is still wrong with 1102 that warranted an emergency beta 4 days later? Anyone try it and have thoughts?

edit - edited thread title as bios is no longer a beta releease
    Last edited by ondersma80; 11-24-2015 at 02:08 AM.

whats da .....
    are u kidding ?
    im just upgrade to 1102 two days ago !
    hope asus fix the crazy supremefx and noisy realtek chip on this new fix !

ROG Member Array RogueEric PC Specs
    RogueEric PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G75-VW w/Mushkin 256GB SSD
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ (2 x 8GB) Model F4-3400C16D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1ROG GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    MonitorAcer XB270HU 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (Boot)
    Storage #22 x Western Digital Black 4 TB (RAID 1)
    CPU CoolerEK Waterblocks Predator 240
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplyBe Quiet! Dark Power Pro 850W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM780 RGB
    Mouse G.Skill KM780
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Bose QC 25
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R
    Accessory #1 ASUS BW-12D1S External Blu-Ray Writer

And XMP. I still can't get my G.Skill RAM to be stable at its 3400 Mhz XMP profile.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueEric View Post
    And XMP. I still can't get my G.Skill RAM to be stable at its 3400 Mhz XMP profile.
    That has just as much to do with the CPU as it does the motherboard. The motherboard is capable of configuring timings, frequency, and voltage for a 3400 kit but not every CPU is capable of running it. ASUS' own manaul says 3200 and up is not guaranteed due to CPU limitation.

I also doubt any realtek issues will be corrected - that will need to come via a new driver package. My sound seems completely fine so those with issues either have conflicting software or individual board defects IMO.

If anyone tries the new beta pls let us know if there are any noticeable improvements or changes.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Been testing the 1202 BIOS for a few days now. I haven't encountered any problems with it on my side. If any of you guys run into issues with it, please leave a comment in this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIOS1202.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	53607

ROG Member Array alexjberry PC Specs
    alexjberry PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16Gb (2x8Gb) 2666(OC)MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce Strix GTX 960 4GB Video Card
    MonitorBenq EW2420
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech M525
    OS WIndows 10 Home
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U

Hi,

Could someone who has been brave enough to install the new beta BIOS firmware (1202) please let me know if this one has all the Boot menu options that are currently missing (for me at least) in 1102.

As things stand, with Fast Boot enabled, I'm missing the options to configure SATA Support, USB Support, PS2 Devices Support and Network Stack Driver Support. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Also, I'm getting two RoG splash screens at boot up into UEFI Windows. The first one, which has the footnote regarding press Del to enter BIOS settings, I don't think I should get with Post Report set to zero seconds.

Many thanks,

Alex,
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 151112194832.jpg  

ROG Member Array

I have just flashed the 1202 BIOS to my Maximus VIII Hero.

I had to run through the Q-fan calibration again since it had forgot my settings and after the BIOS calibrated my fans and I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. Whole system just froze. Had to press the reset button on my PC to get it booting again, then tried once more with same result. However, it seems that it saves the new calibration anyway, since I could set my fans up properly after that.

It would be real nice if ASUS could post a changelog for the BIOS so we know what exactly has changed. I haven't tested the sound yet to see if they have fixed the annoying clicking or the crazy amount of static on the mic.

EDIT: The sound is still crap! Still clicks every time an audio channel open or close and still crazy amount of noise on the mic unless you use that filter in Sonic Suite 2 that make you sound metallic instead. I don't understand why this mobo got such good reviews on the sound part. It was one of the reasons I specifically got this motherboard. :-(
    Last edited by scarystuff; 11-14-2015 at 10:31 PM.

ROG Member Array RogueEric PC Specs
    RogueEric PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G75-VW w/Mushkin 256GB SSD
    ProcessorIntel Skylake i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ (2 x 8GB) Model F4-3400C16D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1ROG GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    MonitorAcer XB270HU 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (Boot)
    Storage #22 x Western Digital Black 4 TB (RAID 1)
    CPU CoolerEK Waterblocks Predator 240
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplyBe Quiet! Dark Power Pro 850W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM780 RGB
    Mouse G.Skill KM780
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Bose QC 25
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R
    Accessory #1 ASUS BW-12D1S External Blu-Ray Writer

I just flashed to 1202 this morning without issue. In my current settings I'm running at CPU clock of 4.6 Ghz @ 1.36V in Adaptive mode and 3000Mhz on the RAM at 1.37V and everything seems to be working great. The RAM comes with an XMP profile that is supposed to take it to 3400Mhz, but as I posted in the 1102 thread, anything above 3000Mhz DRAM clock will cause a no-POST and Q-code 55. Also adaptive mode does not seem to be working as HWMonitor and AiSuite both show CPU clock speed and voltage locked to 4.6 and 1.36 and 1.39 respectively. A previous suggestion was to disable SVID support but won't that cause the CPU to revert to manual voltage control anyway?

I'm keeping text logs of the profiles I've tested on my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...1E&usp=sharing

ROG Member Array wasyl00 PC Specs
    wasyl00 PC Specs
    Processor6700K @4.6
    Memory (part number)4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 980Ti
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #11TB Samsung SSD 850 PRO
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Watercooling inc CPU&GPU , 700mm rad space
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset SteelSeries H
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Unhappy New bios same issue

Quote Originally Posted by RogueEric View Post
    I just flashed to 1202 this morning without issue. In my current settings I'm running at CPU clock of 4.6 Ghz @ 1.36V in Adaptive mode and 3000Mhz on the RAM at 1.37V and everything seems to be working great. The RAM comes with an XMP profile that is supposed to take it to 3400Mhz, but as I posted in the 1102 thread, anything above 3000Mhz DRAM clock will cause a no-POST and Q-code 55. Also adaptive mode does not seem to be working as HWMonitor and AiSuite both show CPU clock speed and voltage locked to 4.6 and 1.36 and 1.39 respectively. A previous suggestion was to disable SVID support but won't that cause the CPU to revert to manual voltage control anyway?

I'm keeping text logs of the profiles I've tested on my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...1E&usp=sharing
    I too have similar config (6700K @4.6 and RAM @3000Mhz, 1.35V using XML profile), but I cannot adjust CPU voltage to my needs. For some reason it doesnt matter if I use manual mode od adaptive and set Voltage to 1.350 the system will bump it to whatever if feel between 1.3 and1.4 and keeps changing. Most of the time sits at around 1.344. Why? I'm validating using AIDA64 with CPUID and dont understand why this is the case.

This is my second BIOS and I still have the same issue. I was trying clearing CMOS, resistalling Asus suite, followed the overclock guide to the word in the other thread. No Luck. Voltage does change to whatever value without my control.

I'm not panicking since I'm properly watercooled but I dont feel comfortable mobo hitting my CPU with such Voltage spikes out of control.

What I'm doing wrong ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by wasyl00 View Post
    I too have similar config (6700K @4.6 and RAM @3000Mhz, 1.35V using XML profile), but I cannot adjust CPU voltage to my needs. For some reason it doesnt matter if I use manual mode od adaptive and set Voltage to 1.350 the system will bump it to whatever if feel between 1.3 and1.4 and keeps changing. Most of the time sits at around 1.344. Why? I'm validating using AIDA64 with CPUID and dont understand why this is the case.

This is my second BIOS and I still have the same issue. I was trying clearing CMOS, resistalling Asus suite, followed the overclock guide to the word in the other thread. No Luck. Voltage does change to whatever value without my control.

I'm not panicking since I'm properly watercooled but I dont feel comfortable mobo hitting my CPU with such Voltage spikes out of control.

What I'm doing wrong ?
    Similar problems on my end.

I've yet to really dig into manual config but it seems to be fine. Maybe it's reporting false information? I have 4.8ghz at 3.75v.
    I couldn't load a saved profile from previous bios settings, just using gamer mode tuning with a few tweaks of my own so not a huge deal. The rest of the bios is functioning as the last ones were. I'm not in raid mode so I can't comment on that, pretty basic.

I also installed the Nov audio drivers and it fixed the sonic suite 2 compatibility with Win 10 Groove Music, this is good!
    now only if the next update of sonic suite 2 could be compatible with logitech g35 headset...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast