Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hello

This issue is being reported across multiple platforms not just ASUS. There is nobody here that can help with this. As the drives are sold with absolutely no support, warranty or needed drivers from the Samsung I suggest you contact your place of purchase and inquire about a return or replacement with something else.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by petrol View Post
    Have you tried disabling Intel speedstep in the bios and see if that helped any?
    Yep, Just tried this as soon as i got in from work. System booted at 17.19, at 17.29 the speed dropped to 85/42MBps. I did nothing but click the benchmark test while logged on, in the background Windows Defender updated and a couple of other minor housekeeping tasks.

ROG Member Array

As Praz mentioned, probablly there is no other choice just to send back SSD to vendor, as nobody will fix this issue any way, just thinking is worth changing to AHCI version, or will have similar issues as well...

ROG Member Array

Did you do a UEFI install of windows 10? and can you tell me what date is listed on the sticker of the nvme sdd?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

This issue is being reported across multiple platforms not just ASUS. There is nobody here that can help with this. As the drives are sold with absolutely no support, warranty or needed drivers from the Samsung I suggest you contact your place of purchase and inquire about a return or replacement with something else.
    Nobody has claimed that this is exclusive to ASUS. I, for one, would like to be able to find a resolution for this. I have hope that there may be a BIOS setting, driver update or firmware update that will fix it. I dont have the knowledge to answer that - I'm here hoping that a fellow enthusiast might be able to shed some light on their experiences and maybe narrow down the problem enough to fix it (you never know).

Isn't that what forms such as this one are for?

apologies if my response comes across badly. To me, your message read as a 'cease and desist'. Not exactly the best customer service from a company I've just given my business to (and did in my last rig).

***awaits ban for challenging a 'super moderator'***

ROG Member Array

Mine on the label says 2015 08, so I believe its decent.. I installed it with CSM disabled, and running windows with it still disabled, and in UEFI mode.. 80/40MB is all I can get, so the only question is, how anandtech tested this nvme version and didn't have such a problem..

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by petrol View Post
    Did you do a UEFI install of windows 10? and can you tell me what date is listed on the sticker of the nvme sdd?
    To be honest, no idea! I've never really got my head round UEFI. This is the first time I've installed since UEFI has been around. I didnt change a thing in BIOS other than the boot order. I installed Win 8.1 from USB, Upgraded to 10 then performed a clean install of 10 (because windows 8.1 license was £18 instead of £130 for pro version
    This is the drive
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150901_175353_resized.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	51464

Quote Originally Posted by chris24747 View Post
    apologies if my response comes across badly. To me, your message read as a 'cease and desist'. Not exactly the best customer service from a company I've just given my business to (and did in my last rig).
    Hello

Firstly the issue here is the 951 not the motherboard so in that respect you gave your business to Samsung. And truthfully they could care less what issues you may be encountering with the drive. The drives are manufactured and sold exclusively by them to OEMs. Hence my suggesting to return the drives. No "cease and desist" intended.

ROG Member Array

Praz,

So after thinking why in previous chipset(Z97) there was no such a problem(in like 5 different reviews) I thought what is different now in z170? SO In bios i changed DMI from gen 3 to gen 2, as it was in z97 chipset, and temperatures wend down straight away from 82 to 47 in idle but in load it goues up to about 80 again but not straight away but in steps after load goes back to idle, temps goes down as well.. to about 47 again. also tried to copy 10gb file from samsung 850 pro to sm951 NVMe it went in about 360MB/s all the time tik file was coppied.. next thing about benchmarks, crystal disk somehow mentioned top get 1600/1200 read/write speed after changing to DMI gen 2, AS SSD benchmark still shows 22MM write speed, but 1440 read speed after changing DMI to gen 2.0, I downt know why write is so low , as i manged to copy file from onee ssd to other in 360MB write.. so thats all for now... sorry for grammar mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tomuks View Post
    Praz,

So after thinking why in previous chipset(Z97) there was no such a problem(in like 5 different reviews) I thought what is different now in z170? SO In bios i changed DMI from gen 3 to gen 2, as it was in z97 chipset, and temperatures wend down straight away from 82 to 47 in idle but in load it goues up to about 80 again but not straight away but in steps after load goes back to idle, temps goes down as well.. to about 47 again. also tried to copy 10gb file from samsung 850 pro to sm951 NVMe it went in about 360MB/s all the time tik file was coppied.. next thing about benchmarks, crystal disk somehow mentioned top get 1600/1200 read/write speed after changing to DMI gen 2, AS SSD benchmark still shows 22MM write speed, but 1440 read speed after changing DMI to gen 2.0, I downt know why write is so low , as i manged to copy file from onee ssd to other in 360MB write.. so thats all for now... sorry for grammar mistakes
    Hello

Have you manually set the M.2 slot to x4? Also can you post screenshots of all UEFI power saving settings including in the SATA section to show their current configuration?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast