cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Laptop won't power on anymore

patrikas2
Level 7
First off hello everybody, glad there's a forum dedicated to this awesome piece of hardware.

Anyway I have a G75VW laptop that decided to not power anymore. I plug it to the power supply, no lights, nothing. I take the battery out, plug it in, press power, still nothing. But when I put the battery back in and plug the power, the green battery indicator light comes on. I press the power button, the notification lights flash briefly but no signs of it powering on appear. I've also held the power button pressed for 30+ seconds with the power supply connected, disconnected, battery in, battery out(and any combination of the two) and I've had no success.

I figured it could be that my battery won't hold anymore charge, but wouldn't it still power on if connected to the power supply? That only leaves me thinking the mobo might be dead, but I want to make sure with you guys. Any tips?
5 REPLIES 5

patrikas2
Level 7
Bump

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes it should run with out the battery installed. You can have a failing power supply also. any electronics guy can tell you how much voltage and amps are out putting. You would need a Multi Meter to make these readings. The correct voltages and amps are marked on the power supply
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xMarkACx
Level 7
Have you figured out what's going on with your laptop? Mine pretty much does the same thing. It was working fine, but then I left the room and when I came back it was off and has the same symptoms as yours after I came back.
I took it to a laptop place, they said my power supply looked like it was shot so I got a new one to no avail. So I'm in the same boat as you.

Have you made any progress?

Clint I'm pretty sure it's not an issue of the power supply, rather the laptop itself.

Mark did your power supply have an indicator light on the "brick" part? Mine always lights up when plugged to an outlet, whether it's connected to the laptop or not. I read on another forum of a guy having similar issues as us and after returning the laptop to the manufacturer (he still had warranty) they found out the motherboard was dead. I have no idea what to do with this laptop now.

Yes the light comes on because its connected to a power source, what that doesn't tell you is since its a transformer what it is putting out. You need a Multi Meter to read that!!! Your motherboard may be dead too who knows? but it is possible to check the out put of your power block.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro