cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pannel Seems to be Dying to.

izzyreb02
Level 9
I had my ROG Swift for about 10 months since I purchased it. My Manufacter Date is on July 2014. So since the weekend just past, my monitor has been doing Blury Text + white line flickering on desktop as well in gaming.

So I knew from there I had to do something about it. At first I thought of taking it to Asus Service themselves but I'm like nah, I take it where I got it from incase they can either give me an exchange or better way of sorting the issue better than me alone of which ever step they will do (cause if they send the panel and received it back and it comes back with missing parts/not working correctly. At least they will sort it out before they give it out to me)

Luckily I recorded the issue off my phone before I took it up to them. But it seems like they tested it and sended it to Asus for repairs, but they also say if they cant fix it then they will do something else for me. But I knew from there that it will get fixed but I still don't feel safe using it, since all the issue that the monitor has.

Aneway, I don't know where to go from here, after I get it back. Either use it until I can get the IPS G-Sync monitor or either Sell it and get something else.

Its a shame that I had it for that long for something to happen but unable to get a different monitor like either the MG279Q, since it passed the DOA Period as well the 30 Day period on the other thing.
4 REPLIES 4

izzyreb02
Level 9
Heres the Link of it doing the Line Flickering. (Pardon on the game though, I know its old >.<) https://youtu.be/lGqTEZ1T_NQ

nintari
Level 7
I'm curious... did you happen to use the ULMB mode a lot? I'm thinking this is what killed my monitor, I was having a lot of the same issues as you although I wasn't getting as much of the white lines

izzyreb02
Level 9
I know when I got the monitor I was using 347.88 where it only G-Sync only in full screen mode and G-Sync Off out of Desktop I think it was Fixed Refresh rate. Cause isn't ULMB mode only enabled at 120hz? (I had it at 144hz).

But since all the driver releases, they made it like G-Sync Light on, even on desktop, when I tried to change the settings on Manage 3D settings to make G-Sync not enabled on Desktop, the Red LED on the monitor was still showing.

izzyreb02
Level 9
Just and update so everyone knoes. I got my monitor repaired, it seems from what computer alliance told me is that they took out the bad pannel out and put a new one in.

Lets see how long it will last. But next year I be getting a PG279Q Monitor to replace this monitor but I keep it reserved if anything goes wrong on the PG279Q.

Its Sad how i have no room on my desk so i can have both on them on the table on surround (Even tho its not really my idea to play games in Surround)