cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM Chip for Maximus Hero VIII

m4x2012
Level 8
Hi guys,
I recently bought a Maximus Hero VIII and added a TPM chip for enhanced security.

Unfortunatly, the ASUS one features a 20 pin style header will won't fit anymore the ROG series (the old one fits).

Now, the header have only 14 pin.

How can I find the right one?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

ShannyMan
Level 7
I was just going to post the same thing! I had a 14-1 pin MSI TPM that fits on here, but unfortunately won't POST when it's installed. Error code of 00 (which the manual says isn't used).

I tried calling ASUS directly and they couldn't help, so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

ShannyMan wrote:
I was just going to post the same thing! I had a 14-1 pin MSI TPM that fits on here, but unfortunately won't POST when it's installed. Error code of 00 (which the manual says isn't used).

I tried calling ASUS directly and they couldn't help, so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Strange thing...

ShannyMan
Level 7
Until we can find a TPM to use, I've implemented USB key management for booting. So that's an alternative for now.

ShannyMan wrote:
Until we can find a TPM to use, I've implemented USB key management for booting. So that's an alternative for now.

Some kinds of security devices, as Microsoft Virtual Smart Cards for Employees, requires for remote connection a TPM device installed.