cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitor turns off when i turn on other devices

gamendub
Level 7
hello, i have a brand new AUSUS vx238h and this monitor turns off for 3-4 seconds and back on when i turn on the air conditioner or the lights, he monitor is plugged into the same power strip that my pc is , and also my old monitor was on the same power strip too, and didnt have that turn off problem.
any help ?
8 REPLIES 8

gamendub
Level 7
anyone ?please

Nate152
Hello gamendub

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try plugging your monitor into the wall socket and/or another wall socket with an extension cord and see if it still turns off. Maybe your new monitor is using a little more power, just enough to cause issues? That or your new monitor may be more sensitive to the power drop when you turn on the lights and ac.

That's what I would think if your previous monitor worked fine.

thanks, it doesnt happen all the time, for instance last night i didnt have any problems with it . i dont know whats causing it . ,

kkn
Level 14
poor connection?
try a diffrent cable or another connector type and see if it stil does it.

cable is brand new, came with the monitor,

kkn
Level 14
even brand new cables can be buggy.

sk2play
Level 13
Plug the AC Conditioner into one of the two wall outlet directly. Plug a UPS into the other wall outlet. Plug all your lamps and electionic devices into the UPS like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SMART1000LCD-1000VA-Outlets/dp/B000B651DO

If you own the home or have rights to the property. Make sure the Circuit Breaker on that AC Outlet line is 20amp and not 15amp or less

PS, I am assuming you live in the USA with 120v outlets and not outside the USA which uses 240v outlets.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

thanks im not willing to spend 150 buchs on a ups , also i live in europe, the ac is wired into the wall i cant just unplug it . I will try an other cable too but i dont think thats the problem