cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Ranger VIII , XmP profile works but gives failure after system restart.

Robswe
Level 7
My setup for relevance .

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 8MB, Socket 1151 Skylake

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x 4GB) 3000MHz DDR4

Voltage: 1.35V
Latency Timing: CL15
Module Name: PC4-24000
2 X 4GB Dual Channel
Intel XMP Profile Support
non-ECC Unbuffered Memory

1000W Silent Pro Gold PSU
Latest bios for the ranger VIII

And my system seems to work fine as i put XMP profiling on, but as soon as i restart my PC the computer gives a OC failure, wich is wierd because i ran it with XMP on for about 9 hours yesterday, and didnt have any problems or BSOD / Shutdown,
After the Oc fail, i load optimize defaults, and it Works fine, and the same thing when i put XMp back on, Works and gives Oc fail after a restart/shutdown

Anyone else know what the cause of this is ?

Edit :
My Cooling is att 30 degrees and stable in idle, and 45-50 as max when i test it out.
Its a noctua nh d14.
4 REPLIES 4

Robswe
Level 7
this keeps happening, nobody else having oc problems+ swear im so inclined to take a sledgehammer and just make toast of this crap.

Squall_Rinoa89
Level 8
Robswe wrote:
My setup for relevance .

2 X 4GB Dual Channel

And my system seems to work fine as i put XMP profiling on, but as soon as i restart my PC the computer gives a OC failure, wich is wierd because i ran it with XMP on for about 9 hours yesterday, and didnt have any problems or BSOD / Shutdown,
After the Oc fail, i load optimize defaults, and it Works fine, and the same thing when i put XMp back on, Works and gives Oc fail after a restart/shutdown

Edit :
My Cooling is att 30 degrees and stable in idle, and 45-50 as max when i test it out.
Its a noctua nh d14.

Have you tried simply re-flashing the bio's with the same one? It's worth a shot. had an issue long ago with a P55 mobo and that.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic White Case
Intel Core i9 Coffee lake 9900K @ 5.1GHz
ASUS STRIX Z390-E LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CAS 18
EVGA nVidia RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 PSU
1x 512GB SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD
2x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1x WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (6.0Gb/s)

Adamantis
Level 7
Do you change the BCLK frequency in bios?

I got that error on my media server (Z97-deluxe + i5-4460) once. I had run the asus bios wizard (or what to call it) and everything worked fine until a week later and i got that error during a reboot.

The "wizard" had changed my BCLK Frequency from 100 to 102. When i got the OC failed error i changed BCLK back to 100 and then everything worked fine again.

Other then that i have no idea what might cause the error for you.

MacDeth
Level 7
Robswe wrote:
My setup for relevance .

2 X 4GB Dual Channel

Edit :
Its a noctua nh d14.

I"m having the same issue. I can't get that Corsair mem to run @3000mhz on my Maximus Ranger VIII either. Did you ever get this working?