cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q G-sync mode always on?

sol_jah
Level 7
Noticed my Swift PG278Q light on the bottom right corner is always red sitting at the desktop screen with no games running in the background and only web browsing.
7 REPLIES 7

matrixleader
Level 8
Yes this is a bug in the nVIDIA Drivers or the Monitor firmware I don't know, I posted this a while back and noone helped.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74496-What-is-the-solution-for-the-G-Sync-flickering-on-the...

matrixleader wrote:
Yes this is a bug in the nVIDIA Drivers or the Monitor firmware I don't know, I posted this a while back and noone helped.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74496-What-is-the-solution-for-the-G-Sync-flickering-on-the...
Wow, damn that sucks no one helped. Guess they will just forget about us lol...

sol jah wrote:
Wow, damn that sucks no one helped. Guess they will just forget about us lol...

g sync is supposed to be on 24/7 google it

Boaz Beatz wrote:
g sync is supposed to be on 24/7 google it

no, not if you set it only for full screen apps. this is a driver bug.

pr1me
Level 8
Did you set monitor technology to fixed refresh in the global setting? (then select g-sync for specific game you want)

pr1me wrote:
Did you set monitor technology to fixed refresh in the global setting? (then select g-sync for specific game you want)

For my Global 3D settings, under Monitor Technology, I have it set to G-Sync. So what you're saying is to set it to the option "Fixed Refresh" then under Program Settings, find select games and set their Monitor Technology to G-Sync instead? Then it should fix the G-sync is always running while sitting at desktop with no games running in the background?

sol_jah
Level 7
Fixed it, I don't know how I did it but, apparently I just enabled G sync, and made sure all the programs in program settings used global settings and then red light at the bottom right corner changed to white again. Thanks for the help guys!