qcode 96- PCI Bus Assign Resources

Setup:
Rampage V Extreme
5820k (4.125ghz intially then stock)
h110 cooler
Evga gtx770 (Evga 560, MSI 9800gt)
Evga Supernova 850 g2
Hyperx Fury 2666 32gb
The issue I have been encountering is that the board will not post and gets stuck on qcode 94. This issue began on the first board after two months of stability. The only issue prior to this was ram incompatibility with the shipped bios, but was fixed with a bios update. I had an OC of 4.125ghz and RAM on a XMP profile of 2666. The OC was limited by stability and not thermals. I attempted using the bios flashback to change the bios to different versions but with no luck. I also disconnected all data connections (USB, SATA, etc.) and any other not critical connections (front power and reset, etc.) leaving only cooling, CPU, power, one stick of RAM, and GPU. I tried two GPUs (770, 560) in two different slots, still no luck. I cleared the CMOS multiply times throughout. I tried safeboot and slowboot in various combinations with other troubleshooting. Finally I RMA'd the board. I then received a replacement board. I only ran stock settings for the CPU and RAM on this board. It would post and boot into windows but I would get blue screens randomly with error 0X0000124. I received blue screens during boots at any point and in startup repair. At one point I was attempting to flash the bios to the version that I had stability with. During this process the board again started to get stuck at qcode 94. I tried the same troubleshooting again with no luck and it never posted again. I have now received the third board and am again experiencing qcode 94 out of the box. The only difference in troubleshooting this time is I tried all the PCIE slots and tried a 9800gt. Also I could have sworn that at one point if I used the dip switches to disable the PCIE lanes that it would proceed past qcode 94 and get stuck at another code, however it will not do this now and gets stuck at qcode 94 regardless. Also, with all the boards sometimes it would get stuck at qcode 95 or 96, but this was rare and never repeatably. At this point I am wondering if it may be a CPU issue or am I really unlucky with motherboards. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day!
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
When the problem presents itself again, please locate the QLEDs that are beside the 24 pin power connector. See if any of them remain lit.

Stormdoggy
Level 7
The 3rd LED from the bottom, VGA_LED, remains lit. Also, this time it stuck on qcode 95 the first 3-5 boot attempts, then proceeded to get stuck on qcode 94. Not sure if this is significant. Thank you!

Chino
Level 15
In that case, I would start by cleaning the PCIe slots. Also reseating the GPU and verifying the PCIe cables. If possible, swap PCIe cables as well. If all fails, remove the CPU and examine the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins.