cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z170 Hero VIII possible major bios bug in 0508

aceado
Level 7
i'm unsure how to explain this but there seems to be a bug i would guess you call it with the lastest bios (0508) where if the user is using a non gfx card in pciex8_2 it won't work (doesn't detect in windows) for me whiles using a tv card in that slot. for time being however there's no issue at all whiles using both 0214 and 0401 (which i'm using atm)

using a non gfx card in pciex8_2
0214 = fine
0401 = fine
0508 = doesn't work (the bios does detect its there as 1x but nothing else, windows can't see it at all)
9 REPLIES 9

Praz
Level 13
Hello

You will need to contact ASUS support for your location. Include an accurate description of all system components including model and firmware versions where applicable as well as system configuration settings.

aceado
Level 7
oh ok and how would i go about this as such ?

aceado wrote:
oh ok and how would i go about this as such ?

Login to asus.com (should be same as ROG login) and go to the link below, fill out the form:
https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm/TechQuery

AI Suite's System Info page should give you the motherboard's serial number. If there is something they want that you don't see there, running dxdiag may get you the information.

It may be a pain to get all the information they want, letting them know about this bug will lead to other customers not having the same problem you are. Also, allow you to use newer BIOS that may offer other improvements that you will want.

danjw wrote:
Login to asus.com (should be same as ROG login) and go to the link below, fill out the form:
https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm/TechQuery

AI Suite's System Info page should give you the motherboard's serial number. If there is something they want that you don't see there, running dxdiag may get you the information.

It may be a pain to get all the information they want, letting them know about this bug will lead to other customers not having the same problem you are. Also, allow you to use newer BIOS that may offer other improvements that you will want.

thank you for the kind and helpful reply and i'll do this after a few more tests just to make sure. maybe its a random issue where i needed to clear the cmos (which i didn't do) and Praz not sure what to say about your reply.... :confused:

aceado wrote:
and Praz not sure what to say about your reply.... :confused:

Hello

Following my post will take you directly to the proper support page instead of doing the foxtrot through the website as would be the case with danjw's suggestion. But whatever works for you.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As Google is regionalized type in ASUS support and you should get a direct link.

TszChun_Anson
Level 7
Is there anyone able to access the download link of 0508? It seems the link is not working with message "An error occurred while processing your request."

aceado
Level 7
so at the weekend i updated back to 0508 and try and work out what the hell was going on. it seems indeed i was correct there is a bug in the bios as one of my tv cards (tbs 6281 more details here about it) wouldn't work that slot yet moving around my other 2 tv cards only to find that one of them would work which was a dvbsky t9850 (more details here about it) and also i find it very odd a matter of a few days later that asus pulled this bios for "some" unknown reason

my first z170 gaming pro can't detect Pcie TBS6922 DVB card. i RMA MB and get new z170 gaming pro but with last updated BIOS 0802 not detect my Pcie Card.

this Motherboard with bad bios compatibility Waste a lot of my time to find this is problem of bios not hardware.:mad:
if you find solution for fix this please let me know thx.:(