cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JM insufficient power and charging

GOrohu
Level 7
Hi folks!

About five months ago i bought a G771JM which served kind well until the end of the previous week, when i got a huge issues with the charging. Actually the laptop doesn't able to maintain the battery charge level when it is plugged in and turned on. I thought there is something wrong with the AC adapter, so i bought a new one in the Asus' online shop, but sadly it seems like the problem is something else and it is located somewhere else. I don't know it is intentional, but i'm not able to turn on the laptop if the battery is removed, which makes impossible to narrow down the possible fauly candidates, but it is probably the mainboard which causes all my troubles.
Right now i'm really disappointed, because it is hard to do RMA abroad and even harder to survive days without PC.

Thanks for any advice in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

GOrohu
Level 7
After letting on charger for 11 hours, now the charging indicator led on the front doesn't lit and the laptop doesn't even turns back on. Massive disappointment in the product quality and reliability...

aeolisio
Level 10
There are literally hundreds of possible problems that could cause this.
Maybe you had a power surge or your using a transformer/converter that has damaged the board/battery or itself.
You have a removable battery so go pick one up and test it since you already replaced the power supply. If your more technical you could just test the battery yourself or even rebuild it yourself if you need to. Have you tried charging it at another location or with a different outlet. I have seen some terrible power spikes and surges while traveling so i always bring a good surge suppressor. Yo could probably walk into any repair shop and they could physically test that battery for you.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GOrohu
Level 7
Hi aeolisio,

Thanks for your response. I may try to test the battery in a shop nearby, i hope they speak english... The sad thing there isn't any authorized service provider, here in Madrid and as far as I know the nearest one is in Portugal.