cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange stucks at boot, cold-boot bugs or overclock? [SOLVED]

m4x2012
Level 8
Hi guys,
I'm expecting some troubles with my brand new VIII Hero MB w/ 6700k CPU.

After installing a clean ISO of W10, doing a reboot or powering it on after a shutdown will fail POST and says the message "Overclock Failed".
This happens very regulary immediatly after a benchmark session..

Pressing F1 and won't do any change will do the job, will continue the boot without problems.

The CPU and the RAM overclock is rock-solid, tested 24/7 without crashes or BSOD's.

My full specs:

CPU 6700k @ 4,6 with Voltage 1,26 Fixed
RAM 2x8 Gb Crucial @2800 16-16-36 1T, Voltage 1,25 Fixed
VCSA, PLL Auto
LLC Auto
9 REPLIES 9

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Try disabling Fast Boot in the UEFI and Fast Start in Win10 and retest.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Try disabling Fast Boot in the UEFI and Fast Start in Win10 and retest.

Thanks Praz,
I'll give a try soon.

Within OS I haven't see any option in the "Power options" so I disabled it thru Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power

HiberbootEnabled DWORD

0 = Turn off fast startup
1 = Turn on fast startup

m4x2012
Level 8
SOLVED, not Fast Boot issue but DRAM timings/voltages not set properly.

m4x2012 wrote:
SOLVED, not Fast Boot issue but DRAM timings/voltages not set properly.

Would you mind telling me what voltages have you set to solve the issue?

TszChun_Anson wrote:
Would you mind telling me what voltages have you set to solve the issue?

Sure my friend:

Original 16-16-36@2666x1.2V

OC 15-15-28@2800×1.25V

VCSA Auto

m4x2012 wrote:
Sure my friend:

Original 16-16-36@2666x1.2V

OC 15-15-28@2800×1.25V

VCSA Auto

I have the same problem as yours, but mine also stucks on code 55 randomly but not every post. Is it possible that SA/IO voltage is not sufficient?

TszChun_Anson wrote:
I have the same problem as yours, but mine also stucks on code 55 randomly but not every post. Is it possible that SA/IO voltage is not sufficient?

Each RAM module is different from others, maybe your timings are too low for continue the POST/Boot process.

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
Hi m4x2012

I was wondering if your delay boot issue has been fixed as I bought the same exact Board and just waiting on my CPU, so I wanna have an idea when finishing the build and if I come across the same issue what did you do to fix the issue? Thanks in advance.

I-Siamak-I wrote:
Hi m4x2012

I was wondering if your delay boot issue has been fixed as I bought the same exact Board and just waiting on my CPU, so I wanna have an idea when finishing the build and if I come across the same issue what did you do to fix the issue? Thanks in advance.

Hi Siamak,
as sayed in previous post the issue was the RAM voltage and timings not properly set.

In my particular case, I have to rise a bit the standard voltage from 1.2 to 1.25 after roll back with timings.