cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay POST, system works but...

m4x2012
Level 8
If I cold boot or reboot I need to wait about 18 seconds for obtaining the "beep" confirming the boot.

With my older Gene V the process completed within 3/5 seconds... maybe it's a news of UEFI firmware?
I remember a similar behaviour with old Z77 system when changing for the first time the memories frequencies but after the first time all things returns OK.

Thanks at all
8 REPLIES 8

Menthol
Level 14
I also notice it takes a little longer to get thru the post than it does to boot to Windows, I assume it is memory training

Menthol wrote:
I also notice it takes a little longer to get thru the post than it does to boot to Windows, I assume it is memory training

Entire boot process will be completed, in W10 login screen, in about 30-35 seconds.

Any advices?

TszChun_Anson
Level 7
I also noticed that it takes longer to post, from the moment I press power button to the post screen shows up...But actually not that long as yours

TszChun_Anson wrote:
I also noticed that it takes longer to post, from the moment I press power button to the post screen shows up...But actually not that long as yours

Can you tell me your OC and the exact time for the first beep? Thanks

m4x2012 wrote:
Can you tell me your OC and the exact time for the first beep? Thanks

I didn't count the time and I have never heard a beep sound, maybe I have something optional not installed.

My spec:
Intel Core-i7 6700K @4.6GHz
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO
G.SKILL Ripjaws V F4-3000C15D-8GVR 3000MHz CL15 8GB kit (4GBx2)
Corsair h110iGT
Crucial MX200 + M550
A-DATA SP900
INNO3D iCHILL GTX770 4GB OC

My overclock settings
AI Overclock Tuner : XMP
Sync all cores
1-core ratio limit : 46
[External Digi+ Power Control] CPU Load-line calibration : Level 5
CPU Core/Cache Voltage : manual mode
CPU Core Voltage Override : 1.325v

qwwwizx
Level 7
I have the same issue on Asus Z170 Deluxe. I was thinking it was related to the PCI-e Samsung SM951 or something. It takes a loooong time before it starts loading.

Maybe its doing some memory testing or other adjusting. I dont know. It really annoying when doing memory OC, because it takes so damn long time everytime I have to go into bios and back to windows.

qwwwizx wrote:
I have the same issue on Asus Z170 Deluxe. I was thinking it was related to the PCI-e Samsung SM951 or something. It takes a loooong time before it starts loading.

Maybe its doing some memory testing or other adjusting. I dont know. It really annoying when doing memory OC, because it takes so damn long time everytime I have to go into bios and back to windows.

I saw code 33 and 35 TWICE on ONE SINGLE boot. Maybe there are two cycle running behind. I have experienced q-code 55 stuck but I am not sure if it is related...

TszChun_Anson wrote:
I saw code 33 and 35 TWICE on ONE SINGLE boot. Maybe there are two cycle running behind. I have experienced q-code 55 stuck but I am not sure if it is related...

55 is Memory related...