cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help asap ... PC stuck on loading windows

Goucho
Level 8
Hey there guys i was away for a day and started up my PC earlier but no matter what i try it keeps sticking on the loading windows screen.

All hardware was working fine before i shut it down. Did have a broken HDD that wasn't recognized in BIOS or disc manager but i removed that.

I have tried all types of stuff but still just boots all drives green and working but hangs on the windows logo with the round thing just going round in circles.

I have tried ...............

restarting loads of times
bios back to default
auto repair
Google but no fix 😞

Please help, i have had nothing but trouble with this system and i have a sneaking suspicion it is all down to my motherboard???

Please help guys as i am not a master with a PC and i would have to send the whole PC back cos i bought it pre built so would need them to take out the motherboard to test etc. I want to avoid this.

Thanx in advance, desperate.
All replies to my posts are really appreciated, thank you 🙂

Overclock results:-

GTX980 @ 1527.5MHz Core/7603MHz Memory
16 REPLIES 16

Hopper64
Level 15
Had issues myself with USB devices not up to spec causing this issue. I would unplug your USB devices and test. I think I saw something about that Logitech keyboard you are using too. That may be the problem in this case. Try unplugging it and see what happens.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64
Level 15
BTW-What Q code are you getting?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64
Level 15
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55569-Rampage-V-Windows-lockup-fault-codes-fd-and-61-solve...

Axle_Grease
Level 7
The R5E is a lot more temperamental than my old R2E. I know this seems counter intuitive but for some reason I've gotten a more stable OS (Windows 10 Pro in my case) after using BIOS setup's CPU Level Up option in the Extreme Tweaker menu rather than using BIOS (1601) defaults. Just opening a browser caused a system freeze when using BIOS defaults.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

Goucho
Level 8
This is really weird peeps. I ended up trying system restore after over 15 restarts etc and it worked?? Then this morning it did it again but did finally load after nearly 5 minutes. Another thing i have noticed too is that I have windows on another raid0 drive but when i set it to load that first it showed all green then went straight to bios??? So even tho i have setup dual boot it won't load from one and won't even entertain the other even tho i've had this pc for months??

GoNz0-
Level 10
make sure fast boot is either off or set to all hard drives in the bios?

GoNz0- wrote:
make sure fast boot is either off or set to all hard drives in the bios?

I tried that and the big problem happened after that. It was the last thing i changed (back on) and it loaded properly.

I wouldn't mind but all was working OK except for losing my boot drive now and again but this is driving me nuts and can't pinpoint what is causing it. All worked fine with all my usbs attached etc so can't be that or my keyboard?? Like how can it just go silly all of a sudden 😞 Is this a software or hardware problem. I have never had this much trouble before and i have had a few PCs in my time. The one time i shell out for the best i get this 😞

GoNz0-
Level 10
reinstall windows and you will know if it software or not.

Goucho
Level 8
Well i have 2 installs of windows so i take suppose it is the motherboard??

What do you guys think?

Geeeez had to add this now ............. i have audio issues now!!!

Get a glitch every second or so! Tried headset in back jack, front jack and thru a Xenyx Q502 usb and still the same ..................... any ideas i am now getting exasperated!!