cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D6 Error - I have tried everything i can think of!

Milkman
Level 7
My rig:
Rampage v Extreme MB
Ballistix Sport BLS4C8G4D240FSA 32GB kit (8GB x 4) DDR4 PC4-19200 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.2V
Corsair CP-9020062-UK RM Series RM1000 80 Plus Gold 1000W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
Corsair CW-9060014-WW Hydro Series H110 280mm Rad Extreme Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair CC-9011022-WW Obsidian Series 900D E-ATX Super Tower Performance Windowed Case for Computer - Black
Gigabyte GV-N780D5-3GD-B Nvidia GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel i7 5930K CPU Processor (3.50GHz, 15MB Cache, 140W, Socket 2011-V3)
Samsung SSD 840 250 GB
Samsung SSD 840EVO 500 GB

Brace yourselves because this has been a bit of a saga.

Despite trying all sorts of solutions I am repeatedly coming up against the dreaded D6 error accompanied by the equally awful red
LED VGA lights when booting my rig.

The strange thing is, sometimes the computer will actually boot, often after turning it on and off 10 odd times however there is no
telling whether it will work on any given day or not which isn't ideal.

I have been looking through this forum for a while and have tried a number of the solutions given for this problems with mixed results.

Booting in safe mode:- managed to get to BIOS a couple of times and boot my SSD from there but lately that little trick results in PC cycling after 5 seconds or so

Unplugging and removing BIOS chip:- again worked a couple of times but very hit and miss

Unplugging and holding power button for 60 seconds:- No luck

Removing CPU and checking for bent pins:- No luck

Making sure all power cabels are in place:- Done, no luck.

Checking PSU:- Replaced, still not working

Trying different monitor:- Done

Trying a different GPU:- Done still have the same problem

Checking GPU switches:- All in the left position

Trying a different PCI lane:- no luck

What confuses me is that it does work sometimes, and when it does it is without issue but it is just so inconsistent. Once I turn the rig off I have to start from square 1 again the next time I want to turn it on. I havent done any overclocking yet either because it is so unstable even without it!

An extra twist to the story is that I recently upgraded to this MB because I had the same problem on my last rig and I thought it was a good excuse to replace everything on PC but the case. An odd coincidence.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Cheers all.
4 REPLIES 4

Onimax
Level 8
If you already had this problem with your other motherboard (same platform!?) I think it's safe to say, assuming that all parts work, that your memory controller is somewhat weak - imao.

Even if not, b6 is an indicator for a MC problem, so in either case:

Just bump your VCCSA a little bit and it should work fine.

Edit: Just saw that your problem seems to be d6 instead of b6 which are totally unrelated - my bad.
d6 could be related to your graphics card. I suggest you update to the latest bios.
If that doesn't solve your problem I would try another graphics card or try your graphics card in another rig just to see if the problem's caused by the card.

Chino
Level 15

gkmltd
Level 7
i got error d6 too
when i replace my GPU card it was fix the problem
I see that u did it so maybe your MB is R.I.P

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. I will try to do a test bench when I get home this evening and let you know how I get on. The MB should be fine as it is new. I am going to test my graphics card in another machine too just to 100% rule it out.

Thanks again