Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Still using it...no issues so far.

I wonder if there is going to be a new version coming out. I had a very difficult time getting my g.skill 3000mhz RAM to run on the stock BIOS. Even after initially upgrading to 0508 it still wouldn't run my RAM with the XMP profile unless I upped either the DRAM voltage or SA voltage. What's weird is that after I finished tinkering with my 6700k overclock I went back and set the XMP profile on again and now it runs at stock voltages for both the DRAM and SA. Go figure.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saintfurion View Post
    Still using it...no issues so far.

I wonder if there is going to be a new version coming out. I had a very difficult time getting my g.skill 3000mhz RAM to run on the stock BIOS. Even after initially upgrading to 0508 it still wouldn't run my RAM with the XMP profile unless I upped either the DRAM voltage or SA voltage. What's weird is that after I finished tinkering with my 6700k overclock I went back and set the XMP profile on again and now it runs at stock voltages for both the DRAM and SA. Go figure.
    I also got random post code 55 error with my G.SKILL Ripjaws V 3000MHz 15-15-15-35 and this bios, but I'm not sure if it is BIOS-related.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I can't believe that up to now ASUS has not explained the reasons of pulling 0508 out...I contacted ASUS reseller in my region and they said they were not managing link. In fact, the link is globalised, that means the issue is not limited to my region. So when I asked Raja, he surprisingly told me to use older 0401 or GENE's BIOS, and continuously told me to contact ASUS in my region. I understand that his job is only supporting NA guys. But actually I think that he had better at least tell the reasons of pulling the bios out if ASUS did that purposely, or report the issue to ASUS despite the fact that the one reporting the issue is not in the region he is supporting. THIS ISSUE IS NOT REGIONAL, THE LINK IS GLOBALISED, NA GUYS ALSO USE THAT.

Asus is making the best board in the world but with worst support, at least outside North America. I would say I, as a customer of ASUS, are extremely frustrated with the support offered by ASUS. Who should I contact? Reseller? Or just shut up and use the board with such insufficient support??? How come?
    Last edited by TszChun_Anson; 09-01-2015 at 03:49 AM.

ROG Member Array

So far I have zero issues using 0508 and my Core i5 6600K is running @ 4.7Ghz. I think I will just stick to it until a new bios is release.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Someone asked about 0508 on overclock.net as well, but it seems Raja are intentionally hiding something for some reasons, making us customers be frustrated.

ROG Enthusiast Array

New BIOS for both GENE and HERO have been released.

Check the link on overclock.net, official website still doesnt have the link.

ROG Member Array

The new bios for Hero is 0603 and Asus UK has it. Damn where is the new bios for Ranger.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Well my new ram came today, and still cant get past the error 55, so cant even get into bios again

ROG Member Array

Here is the link for bios 0603 for Hero http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...-ASUS-0603.zip

ROG Enthusiast Array m4x2012 PC Specs
    m4x2012 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Surface Pro 4
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k@5000
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 16Gb 3200Mhz DDR4
    Graphics Card #1AORUS 1080Ti Xtreme 11Gb
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1970 EVO 256Gb
    Storage #2850 PRO 512Gb
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCarbide 400r